Capsize (2)

Swear warning

3 months ago

Spider-Man was cruising through the city in the early hours of the morning, but barely anything was awake. Everything was dull except for the street lights, and no cars had gone by for the last half an hour. Silence coursed through the neighborhood, and he decided that it was time to get some shuteye since he had a test tomorrow in bio tech.

Without further ado, he began to swing home while still scanning the streets just in case. Everything was ordinary until he heard a loud grunt come from an alley. He stopped in his tracks and slid down a web to reach the floor, and went on foot down the alley.

(Y/N) stood with her back to a brick wall, arms spurred out as if she was about to attack. An officer stood in front of her, waving his taser around, trying to jab her. She jutted out of the way and kicked the taser out of his hand, sending it flying down the street.

The officer quickly pulled out his baton and swung only once. She grabbed onto it and brought her foot up, kicking his chest and keeping the weapon. She held it with both hands and put it behind her shoulder, ready to swing.

Peter took a moment to take everything in. She was breathing heavily, her limbs shaking like crazy. Her eyes screamed fright, and he became confused. Is she attacking him, or is he trying to catch her?

The officer suddenly lunged at her, but she took a step to the side and whacked his back with the baton, making him stumble into the wall, breaking his nose. With that, she dashed off to the left, the weapon still firmly in her hand.

The boy's feet moved before his mind did, and off he was, chasing after a random girl in the night down a creepy alley.

"Hey, wait!" He called, but that only made her move faster, whipping down road after road. Soon she was out of sight around a corner, and he was met with a baton to the face. He cried out and fell backwards just as she took off again.

I only feel a little bad.

(Y/N) gasped when she was met with a fence, and turned around to see the boy in the suit, staring at her with his hands up.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." He soothed, "I just wanna make sure you're okay."

The girl hurled the baton at him but he dodged it, and she turned around and crawled up the tall fence, jumping it. She landed roughly, her ankle feeling most of the pressure. With a growl she pushed forward, Peter hot on her heels.

"No, stop! You're going into the hazardous fields! Stop!" Peter called after her when he recognized the area, but she didn't stop, just kept pushing herself.

The girl ran down a field with all tumbling grass, her arms flapping wildly by her sides. Her hair was flowing behind her in intricate motions, and for a moment, she truly thought she was going to be free.

Then, a rough hand grabbed hers and halted her to a stop. She turned just in time to see something pink glowing in front of her face, then she felt a searing pain within her chest. She shrieked in agony and fell onto her knees.

Peter whipped around the corner upon hearing the cry and saw a man holding up what seemed to be a pink glowing stone, and forcing it into his victim. He was wearing an especially thick glove with spikes coming out.

"Hey!" He called while sending a web over, it latched onto the man's glove. He pulled back and the glove flew off, the stone hurling along with it. The man took one glance before breaking out into a sprint in the direction that he came from.

(Y/N) collapsed to the floor when the stone stopped manipulating her, and she laid there, completely unconscious.

"Oh, crap!" He said hurriedly and crawled over to her side, tapping her face to see if she would react. Nothing.

"Karen, call Tony!" He demanded, and she said, "I believe I recall him telling you to not call him tonight? Something about moving into a new building closer to Queens?"

"Call him right now!" He said forcefully, and soon the number was being dialed. It rung a couple of times before the man answered angrily, "Seriously, kid? Of all the days to call me—"

"I need help! I'm in those hazardous fields, off Tenth Street! A man activated a stone!" He said quickly cutting him off, and it immediately caught his mentor's attention.

"A stone? You mean an infinity stone?" He asked, and he said in return, "That's what it looked like!"

In no more then fives Tony was there and crouched by (Y/N)'s side, examining her features while bossing Peter to go find the stone. Once he determined she was going to be unresponsive for quite a while, he stood up with her in his arms, saying, "Let's bring her and the stone to the lab."

Back at the lab, Tony ran numerous tests on the mystery girl while the stone stayed in a chamber to see just what exactly it was. Peter decided to stand by and watch as Tony did his magic, hooking her up to an IV all while seeing what the mystery stone had done to her.

"Tell me again what happened." Tony said while switching out the IV for a new one.

"This man just came out of literally nowhere and just pointed the stone at her, then pink attacked her. He didn't throw it at her or anything, just pointed it. Once I made him drop the stone he ran like hell. But, he was wearing gloves, really weird ones. They were black and thick and had spikes coming out, and he was holding it far away from his body as possible." Peter explained while wringing his fingers together with anxiety. He didn't know it then, all he got was a weird feeling about her, that she was special in some way. He didn't know they were destined to fall in love.

"We gotta find this guy, and fast. I'll send Rhodey out to see if he can find anything." Tony stated, "Can you keep an eye on her for a few minutes?"

"Y-Yes, of course, Mr. Stark."

With that he walked off down the hall, and Peter turned to look down at the girl's face. She looked oddly peaceful, as if she didn't get injected with some mystery substance. He moved an inch closer to examine her features, which he found perfect.

Then, she took a large deep breath while sitting up abruptly, and they bunked heads. Peter cried out in surprise and fell to the floor and she looked over to see who he was.

"Where the hell am I?" She asked while scooting back to the end of the bed, fear washing over her like a wave. The boy scrambled up while saying, "How long have you been awake for?"

Peter began to walk forward and she brought her hand up, saying with a wavering voice, "S-Stay the hell away from me!"

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt ya." He tried to reassure while taking another step forward.

"I said, stay the hell away!" The girl yelled, her fear mixing with anger and anxiety now. Her riled up emotions sparked a reaction within her, and suddenly, a jolt of vibrant violet sparked off of her and flew in a random direction, hitting a monitor and making it explode.

Peter cried out and stumbled backwards, tripping over his feet and falling to the floor.

"What the fuck was that?!" (Y/N) screeched, her blood running cold. "I-It came from you! You're enhanced?" Peter asked hurriedly, standing back up and looking down the hallway to see if his mentor was coming back yet. He never said anything about her having abilities.

"No! I don't know what enhanced even means!" She said, and Peter's head snapped up in surprise. Did the stone give her powers?

"Hey, you're—" Tony began, then looked over to his smashed monitor. "What the hell, Pete! I leave you for five minutes!"

"It wasn't me! It was her! Mr. Stark, the stone gave her powers!" He said hurriedly, and his gaze soon shifted to the girl, who was shaking in fear.

"Well." He sighed, "This is gonna be a bitch to explain."