protecting him!?

(Rob's POV)

+-+the next morning+-+

The sun was still down but I knew that the sun will be rising soon, although walking to a hill that I found out when it is almost dawn is kind of nice only if I could spend it with Prest- I mean with someone!

I smiled as the thought of Preston walking around with me was stupid if anything he would be fighting with us on a battlefield, I shook my head to clear my mind and stepped out of the trees that lead to the hill and out into the little clearing

Hearing the leaves on the trees rustle softly by the wind, I sat down on the hill and stared out into the sky. I was fascinated by the night sky turning into the dawn sky.

As I was thinking about going back to camp until my mind kept wondering back to Preston and why he kept having to save me from other things.

"Finally found you dude!" I look behind me and there is Mitch, "Hey Mitch whats up?" I look at Mitch knowing by the emotion in his eyes that something was wrong. "We are going to keep moving and try to find a better place to stay."

I got up and walked back with Mitch. It wasn't like five minutes until we had gotten back to the camp. "Hey you finally found him." I looked up to see Preston leaning against a tree with his arms crossed.

"MACHINEGUN!!!!!! AHHH!" I quickly looked to my right to see Jerome with another tree trunk. "Jerome really." I looked back at Preston as Mitch said that to Jerome "Hey we may be able to make a Machine gun out of a tree trunk."

Laughing I looked back Jerome "How will we do that Jerome! We may not be good at machinery!" "We could we just need to stop playing around Rob and get to it." I growled playfully as Jerome put the tree trunk to the side of our little camp.

"Watch out dragon landing!" I look up to see Lachlan on a prince dragon. I quickly ran back as the dragon landed where we were. "Ay mates!" I look up at Lachlan as he said that. 

"Hey so when are we going to head out of here?" I say as Jerome picks up the tree trunk again. "We are heading out at dawn tomorrow" I looked back as Preston was still leaning on the same tree but looked bored.

"Okay but what direction?" "Don't know Mitch you were the one who said we should head out"

I climbed up a tree and sat down on the lowest limb so that I can still see the others and be higher above them. "Get down." I looked down to see that Jerome had moved from where he was to right beside my tree.

"Never!" I say playfully, until Jerome decided to shake the tree I was on. "Hey stop that!" I growled, "Get out of the tree then!" I shake my head only to regret doing that, as I fall out of the tree from Jerome shaking the tree harder.

"Ow..." "That's what you get for being in a tree!" I growl as Jerome walks back to Mitch who is laughing along with Lachlan and Preston. I instantly feel ashamed, as I started getting up I heard Preston say "You need help up?" I instantly growled quietly and got up.

"I am going to go to the lake..." I say dully and head off to the lake without waiting for a reply.

+-+Time skip (Dusk)+-+

(Preston's POV)

I walked to the lake to see Rob sitting on the rocks the others heard Rob growl when I asked him if he needed help up. I walked out into the clearing waiting for Rob to hear me.

Feeling bad I was about to say something to Rob until he said "Why am I even here! I have done nothing for them except find trouble for them!" I walked forward as he kept talking to himself

"Maybe I should just lea-" "You have done more for our group then you know." I say sadly. "AHH!" Rob jumps from my sudden appearance and jump into the lake I quickly grab Rob's hand to keep him from falling into the water, but we ended up.....