Preston!

(Lachlan's POV)

When Preston ran at Leon his pelt was looking like lava and he looked like something had happened that he wanted to get rid of, Leon ran quickly with Preston behind him. I looked back at Destiny, I growled but unlike Preston I had better control over my anger.

"Well if he is gone then he left his pack unattended!" Destiny said as she went to attack Rob jumping in front of Rob I grabbed Destiny and threw her against a tree growling. "you really think that we didn't plan for Preston to lose control, he will pay for attacking be back then!"

Realizing what was going to happen I grabbed her by the neck and threw her into another tree I ran where Preston ran and followed his scent since I could turn into any dragon, then I see Preston had pinned Leon onto the ground, Preston was growling.

I was about to go out there and try to calm him down until a unbearable pain surged through me. I noticed that I was shifting into a dragon, this time I was a white and yellow dragon letting out a mighty roar in pain I took lift to the sky I could see that both wolves had looked up at me.

Looking back at the river I could tell that the others had looked up at the sky to see me flying above everyone else, and since Rob has been the only other one who had seen me transform into a dragon he ran straight towards where I was.

I looked around enjoying the view until something zoomed past me, looking up I saw a spear starting to fall down, growling I turned around to see that Destiny was trying to kill me, diving through the air I landed onto the ground with a mighty roar.

As Destiny fell to the ground I heard a painful yelp followed by a howl of triumph from behind me looking back I see Preston laying on the ground motionless with Leon on the side of the clearing scared but hurt confused I turn around and there above Preston is the wolf who Preston was chasing after back at the river.

"Preston!" I turn my head to see Rob crying but looking like he was ready to kill, growling I was about to leap until a brown and white wolf jumped out of the bushed and attacked the wolf.

 "You destroyed the only family I had left Chase!" looking at the brown and white wolf Rob growled "He thought you were dead, but you weren't, you got mad at him by that and you made him break his promise to you!" Rob was clearly upset and mad at this guy.

"Listen I didn't-" "You did! If it wasn't for you he wouldn't be having flashbacks!" I transformed back into a human. "Rob what is going on?" I ask carefully, "Preston kept having flashbacks to the time of the attack." I looked at Rob who had tears going down his face.

"I didn't know...I-I'm sorry." I almost would have forgiven him until Rob of course being as angry as he was spoke up "If you were you would have spoken up earlier!" I flinched at the hatred in his words, I look down to see that Vikk was behind me cowering wanting to stay away from the fight.

Looking up I see that Mitch and Jerome had made their way closer to a tree to be safer, seeing the pack scared I decided to stand up and try to protect them. "Listen he is clearly hurt and it would be appreciated if you get the one who killed Preston out of here before we kill him!" I say calmly but threatening.

"Fine! I will go but don't blame me for what he can do!" Growling I looked at Leon challenging. "What are you still doing here." Leon looked frightened at the moment but not scared enough to not move. As he ran I saw Rob walk over towards Preston.

"Its not your fault Rob." I looked over at Vikk who had put his hand on Rob's shoulder, "What do you mean by it's not my fault!" I saw Vikk flinch at Rob's sudden hatred. "what do you want to do Rob?" I ask quite sad at the death of Preston, "Lets just bury him..." I looked at Rob who was sad but was trying to stay strong.

+-+ Five days later+-+

Rob hasn't been very active since Preston died, I was sitting in a tree on a hill, I had told Preston that I would protect Rob for him since Preston was kind of mean to him. focusing my sight on the sky as the sun was setting, I heard a stick crack looking back a familiar scent hit me.

"Rob....are you okay?" I ask worried as it seemed that Rob hasn't been going around since Preston. "Mitch wanted me to tell you that we are leaving tomorrow" Looking at Rob I could tell that he was hurting, "Rob your hurting aren't you?" I said looking down at Rob who had sat down next to the tree.

"Yes but we need to stay strong." I growled thinking about the person who killed Preston. "Hey you two might want to get some sleep we packed up everything else but the tents." I looked back at Mitch who had on a white t-shirt and black jeans. "Where are we heading out to?" I ask with a little concern in my voice.

"A big city so we can gather up supplies." I nod as Rob looks down "Fine I'm tired anyways."
We walked a couple of minutes to the camp in silence it felt like something was watching us looking back I see a pair of eyes they were red, but as soon as I saw them they disappear.

Shaking my head I decided that I was just sad about Preston and thought about his red pelt of his wolf, "Hey Rob you said he had flashbacks, right?" I ask carefully seeing Rob look up quickly nodding his head "do you know what they were about?" I watched Rob look down thinking then he looked up.

"He had flashbacks that usually include something or someone in the present." I looked forward as Mitch gasp and there standing there on a rock at the back of our camp was-