Drowned by Love?!

(Preston's POV)

As I walked through the lush green forest I noticed that this was all my fault, "Why was I chosen for this!" I said sitting next to a tree on a hill, I could feel anger burn inside me, "I don't know how to control my powers! And I'm a stranger to myself!" I said burying my face in my hands.

Sighing I looked up at the sky and remembered why I was here, I took out my Dead Oak Amulet from my pocket and placed it on the ground, 'I can't help but feel that this will be important.' I thought picking it back up again and shoving it into my pocket.

I looked out over the landscape seeing trees, a village in the distance, mountains, rivers, and the lake. I heard a stick snap behind me, I turned around quickly and was ready for any kind of attack, "Who dare challenge me!" I said challenging knowing that it wasn't anyone that I now knew.

"Hold your attack!" A voice said from behind the bushes "Show yourself." I said still on edge, "Okay just don't attack me!" The voice said as the bushes shook revealing a wolf that I never wanted to see.

"Why are you here!" I said shifting into a lava wolf and he must have noticed who I was "Why are you here." the wolf said growling at me, "I asked you first." I said as we were circling each other, "I'm here to find my mate they are near here!" The wolf said excitedly.

I heard the bushes rustle and the scent of Rob hit my nose, the wolf must have smelled Rob as well, "My mate don't be afraid of me!" The wolf said pleadingly which made me blind with anger, "That's it!" I yelled and threw him off the hill and took off to find Rob.

I was following his scent quickly but I could hear Rob's 'mate' following close behind me, growing I turned around and faced him, "Stay away from him." I said growling loudly knowing that everyone was near by, I leaped at him only to be kicked back by someone.

I got up from being on the ground and looked up to see that the wolf was staring past me, Taking a deep breath I looked down at the ground only to grab the wolf and throw him at a tree, "Leave now." I said growling knowing that he wouldn't do as I would say.

Suddenly the wolf ran at me and knocked me into the fast flowing river, I quickly tried to swim but I couldn't so grabbing a hold of a large rock I could see that the wolf and Rob were just staring at each other with something that Rob would never look at me with.

I saw a log coming down the river so I did the only thing I could do, 'take down this wolf.' a voice simular to the first voice that made me kill Connor's dad. I jumped up onto the log and jumped up to the wolf and grabbed his leg taking him down into the river with me.

I growled on the log while the wolf stared at me with triumph and anger, "Stay away!" I said growling as the rocks were hitting the log making it move quickly to where we both fell off of it and into the cold fast flowing water.

I could hear the other yelling out for me except for Rob who was probably still looking at the wolf, growling I hooked my claws onto the log and hoisted myself up and out of the water, I was taking deep breaths until the log was hit by another rock sending me back into the water.

I tried to swim up but I couldn't swim so the only thing I could do was to hold on to the log, I yelped in pain as a sharp rock hit my side making me go underwater and making me panic as I couldn't get air to breath.

I finally managed to get back up onto the log but the wolf was already on it and was staring at me with anger in his eyes, "My pack now." the wolf said growling and then bit my paw making me headbutt him sending him back.

I stood on the log facing the wolf but a familiar roar could be heard in the distance, 'the water fall!' I thought as the roar was getting louder and louder, I was panicking there was no way to get out of this river, "Preston!" Mitch said right before the log went right over the falls.

Time seemed to have slowed I looked up at the others to see that everyone was worried for either me or the wolf. I held onto the log knowing that the rocks down at the bed of the river were sharp, the wolf however jumped off the log before it could get half way to the water at the bottom.

I felt the log turn in the air which made me let go of the log, suddenly Time went right back to normal and I could feel the burn of the water hitting my fur and the sharp rocks digging into my pelt, I looked up through the water I saw that they all were coming down but Rob was looking at the wolf.

Everyone one was worried except for Rob 'you can't break a mate bond.' Connor's old voice said from a memory, I wanted to try and stay strong for them but right now I couldn't, I went limp as my vision was going black.

I felt arms around me and the voice of Mitch broke my thoughts "You're not dying on my watch Preston!" Mitch said pulling me as a wolf to shore, I opened my eyes a little to see that everyone but Rob was around me trying to make sure that I was okay.

I looked at Rob to see that he and the wolf were looking at each other from different sides of the river, I watched as the wolf ran away into the forest and a long howl for Rob was given, but Rob didn't respond.

I closed my eyes and felt a comforting silence settle over everyone leaving me to myself and in silence until-

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!