Ace!

(Preston's POV)

As Rob watched the stars I sat and was going over the fact that Ace was talking to Vikk, Rob, and Jerome about my punishment. 'If they tell Ace that I am a little wolf they will use this a an advantage' I thought as I looked up at Rob.

Looking up at the moon I noticed that it was almost a full moon, 'great...' I thought as I laid my head down and started to fall asleep until I smelled a familiar scent, giving a bark to Rob I ran towards the scent with him behind me, "Preston." Rob said as he chased after me.

Stopping in an clearing I saw Mitch in the middle of it looking around, 'I really wish I could talk right now.' I thought sadly knowing that I couldn't talk to them, "Mitch?" Rob said coming to a halt right beside me, as Mitch turn around quickly at the sound of Rob's voice something felt off.

"Rob?" Mitch said confused, "where are we?" Mitch asked him, "We don't know." Rob said while looking down at me, "We?" Mitch asked clearly confused, looking up at Mitch I barked which made him take a step back. "who's this?" Mitch asked still confused.

Growling I sat down and looked up at Rob who was snickering at my attitude, "Welp Preston is mad now." Rob said laughing "Sorry Preston! Didn't know!" Mitch apologized quickly while I grabbed Rob's pants leg and tugged making him fall over.

"Looks like Preston decided to make you fall." Mitch said flatly, something was off about this moment, 'like someone was-' "Watching you?" a voice said from behind me cutting off my thoughts, turning around an ghostly image of Ace was near the trees. "Ace..." I said surprised that I could talk.

"You did this to me." Ace said with anger, looking at his hands I saw that they were clenched "What did I do to you." I said growling by now Mitch and Rob must have seen the ghostly Ace, "Simple...You left me to die." Ace said rage was all I saw in his eyes. 

"What do you mean." I said taking a step forward, "What?" Rob and Mitch said in unison as they stared right at Ace. "You left me and you know what happened...." Ace said looking down at the ground but his anger didn't go.

"I-I had no idea....." I said taking a step backwards, then a cold breeze blew against my back sending a chill down my spine. "Ace?" Andi's familiar voice said from behind me, turning around I saw Lyric as a pup, Andi, Matt, and Pete.

"You should have never left the nether Preston!" Ace said turning my attention to him, "Does anyone know what Preston is saying?" Rob asked as they got a good view of their surroundings, "I do." Lyric said in a small voice. "What is he saying then?" Rob asked her then looked at me.

"If I never left the world would die!" I said back my words coming out braver than ever just like they did when I first met Mitch, as soon as I said it Lyric repeated my words, looking back I realized that they couldn't hear me, my words were all just barks to their ears.

Turning back I saw Ace start fading and a different person came out of the bushes but not in a ghost like state, hearing the others gasp in shock I was able to talk, "Leon!" I said anger in my voice and the braveness still in my voice.

Lyric told the others what I said but in a more frightened voice, "ha, you really thought you could escape me!" Leon said in a evil tone, "I can escape you without trying!" I countered back growling I leaped towards him causing him to fall backwards.

"Leave." I demanded flatly, almost like I didn't even want to know why he was here, "Fine but I will be back soon...to defeat the son of fire." Leon said before disappearing into nothing, "Why is he afraid of Preston?" Lyric asked the others as I looked back expecting Connor to be somewhere since I could smell him on Andi, Pete, and Matt.

But he was nowhere around "Where is Connor." I demanded while glaring at them, seeing them flinch while I glared at them I heard Lyric repeat what I said but softer, "Preston we'll tell you later." Matt said looking at the ground.

"What happened to my brother!" I growled showing anger towards them all, "Like he said we'll tell you later.." Pete said taking a step forward, turning around it felt like my paws were ten times heavier, with my head lowered and my ears back I couldn't help but think that Leon got a hold of Connor.

"You think he will be okay?" Rob said trying to walk beside me, but every time he caught up I would speed ahead of the group, "Don't think so..." Andi said right before turning into a wolf and running in front of me, "Race you Preston!" She said as she sped ahead of the group.

Looking after her running I stood still, tired and sad I kept walking the others stayed behind leaving me alone to walk in a forest, as a thick fog settled in I saw that my pelt went from a pure black to a lava looking pelt, sniffing around Leon's scent caught my attention.

"The fire will be put out." Leon's voice said while his image in the fog started to come into view, "L-Leon...." I said walking backwards as he came nearer and nearer, "I will win Preston no matter what plan you have." Leon said as he pulled out a red and black sword.

"You won't win Leon." I said as I kept backing up wanting to find the others quickly before Leon can get to them, running in a random direction I could tell the Leon was following me, but something else seem wrong the scent of Connor was strong.

Running face first into a cliff wall I turned around and cowered against the cliff, my pelt was the only light that I had, "This ends now!" Leon said as he raised his sword, "Don't hurt my brother!"

We got 874 reads, 81 votes, and 185 comments, I'd say I was surprise but honestly I am more than surprised! Thanks to everyone who helped inspire me and kept my hopes high!

Wooden Machine Guns and Metal Tree Trunks