A Broken Leader?

(Vikk's POV)

As I helped bring back the forest by using an ability that I learned that I could use was bringing life back to plants and nature, smiling at the now green trees that were burned and broken, but when I turned around I saw Mitch holding two things.

Looking closer I still couldn't see what they were, so being me I walked up to see if he was okay, besides he did just lose people important, 'gosh I don't know what it would be like if I lost Lach- uh nothing!' I thought shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts.

"Mitch?" I asked looking down at Mitch which was awful to see him in this way he was torn apart by love, his responsibilities, and his loyalty, but now I could see that the two objects were, a little heart that was wooden and a red heart. 'guessing that they mean something?' I thought while waiting for his answer.

"What." Mitch said glancing at me but quickly looked back at the two hearts, "What do they mean?" I asked him looking at the hearts, "Preston and Jerome gave me these both telling me that they trust me and that these would tell me how they were feeling." Mitch said looking down at the hearts.

"Well what do they mean to you?" I asked sitting down next to him, he was silent for a few seconds until talking "Loyalty, trust, love..." Mitch said as tears fell down his cheeks, "Hey don't cry! You're going to make me cry!" I said elbowing him lightly while smiling at him.

I saw him smile but it quickly turned into a frown, "Mitch we will get them back, trust me is Jerome the kind to give up on you that quickly?" I asked Mitch trying to give him confidence "no..." Mitch said sadly still looking down but something sparked in his eyes.

"And would Preston leave us to defend for ourselves that easily?!" I said more determined to give him confidence, "No." Mitch said more confidence, "Then why doubt them?" I said looking at Mitch's eyes to see regret and sorrow in them.

"Because I should be ashamed to be apart of this group!" Mitch said getting up and walking forward leaving me sitting confused, "I had the chance to save them, but I didn't take it! I let them die!" Mitch said anger was clear in his voice.

"I let them down...." Mitch said sadly while looking down at the ground, getting up I put a hand on Mitch's shoulder which made him flinch a little, "Mitch, you didn't let them down, yeah you can blame yourself but whats the use of that if you froze up at the wrong time?" I said with my hand still on his shoulder.

"That's the point I didn't freeze up, I just stood there and watched!" Mitch said kicking some ashes that were on the grass which revealed grass underneath it, 'wait grass so the grass wasn't burnt all the way?' I thought as I looked closer at the grass wanting to hope that it was able to regrow the forest.

"Mitch look at this grass." I said to him but he didn't move "now." I said and he turned around and looked at the grass, "So it's grass..." Mitch said confused at grass, "This grass can regrow the forest not because it want's to but because it has to and just like you, you-" I said before Mitch cut me off.

"I have to carry on with my duty until I get it done?" Mitch said looking at me, "exactly!" I said laughing as he got what I was saying, "Finally you got what I was saying!" I said to him to see him look over towards the direction of the lake, "What are you thinking?" I asked confused.

"I think it's time we visit the nether again Vikk." Mitch said turning around his red and black checkered hoodie moving in the slight breeze, "You going to stand there or are you going to help me and round up the others?" Mitch said looking back at me.

"Yes sir!" I said jokingly, Mitch however rolled his eyes at the word sir, "Just go." He said as I ran towards one of the werewolves Rob in that case only because he was the closest, "Round up the others!" I told him before running back towards Mitch as a german shepherd, I saw him look down at me but he looked back towards the lake.

We waited till everyone was here until we spoke "We are going to fix the forest, and then go into the nether." Mitch said and I saw everyone's eyes light up at Mitch taking command like he was suppose to.

"Good to see that your better now." Connor said raising one eye brow at me, but I quickly went to Lachlan's side I felt his hand on my head but he soon pulled his hand away and was paying attention to Mitch.

"Rob make sure there are no fires, Connor and Andi help him with that by using your wolf noses." Mitch said I looked over at them to see them nod and started getting on it, "Vikk." I heard Mitch say my name so I looked over at him to see him looking at me.

"You, and Lachlan and renew the forest the best you can to save the life, and Pete, Lyric, and Matt go make sure that if any animals are hurt bring them here, to make sure they are okay." Mitch said looking at Pete and Matt.

I felt pride in me as I knew I caused this switch in Mitch, so being me I shifted back to my original self, I looked at Lachlan and smiled, he returned the smile but he looked concentrated and kept his eyes forward.

I looked down and soon we hit the border where the fire gotten to but it was put out as soon as I was about to use my powers I felt Lachlan hug me from behind me 'what is happening!' I thought.......

Wooden Machine Guns and Metal Tree Trunks!