Saving Preston!

(Jerome's POV)

As I woke up in a big house I heard someone walking around downstairs, but I didn't know who,(UNLIKE THE MOVIES WHERE YOU YELL IS ANYONE THERE!) I walked down the stairs carefully to see Preston watching tv in a front room.

"What?" I asked, only to see him turn around to see me standing there in confusion, "I was just waiting for you to wake up, so hows the sleep?" Preston asked grabbing his black hoodie and putting it on over a black t-shirt, "Where are we?" I asked him still confused.

"The nether so get on your jacket and put on your shoes we need to get to the portal and get through it." Preston said tossing me my furry brown jacket that was brown, "How the-" I said before being cut off "Don't ask, because I don't know either." Preston said looking at me while I put on my jacket.

"Ready?" Preston said, I only gave him a nod, and we went through a door and towards the allies "Where are we going?" I asked while I followed Preston "Less attention and the less of a chance of Leon finding out that we are here." Preston said still leading the way.

"We could take him on!" I yelled quietly right before Preston put his hand on my mouth "Quiet or we will get caught." Preston said while I looked into his brown eyes, he turned away and we were at a street and it was almost crowded.

"Jerome give me your coat." Preston said as he took off his hoodie, "What why?!" I said taken aback by his request, "People here would know me if I walked out with my hoodie on so with your hoodie on I could have the hood up and walk through easily." Preston said looking at the crowd.

"And me?" I said wondering, while I gave him my jacket, you take my hoodie and walk out with it, they don't know you and will be quick to think, so be ready to answer any questions or..." Preston mumbled the rest probably thinking it over.

"Or what?" I said looking at him, "The portal is that way." Preston said pointing in front of us to a purple and black thing "Wait what are you going to do?" I asked as he took his hoodie and gave me my jacket, "Don't worry about it, just worry about getting to that portal." Preston said making sure his shoes were tied.

"Preston?" I asked scared of what he was going to do "Yes?" He answered back looking back at me, "What are you going to do?" I asked taking a step forward, "I'm creating a distraction just wait till the ones with weapons are chasing me, then run across and wait till I get the next guards after me." Preston said fixing his hoodie oh him.

"So your risking your life for the group?" I asked him but he smirked and looked back at me, "Group? We're a pack Jerome, and that Pack leader right now needs you Jerome not me. Promise to stay at his side?" Preston said looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

"You cant go...." I said almost broken, Preston is one of the only things that I have other than Mitch, "Jerome listen now is the time to get you out, just promise me to protect Mitch, Rob and the others..." Preston said looking out at the streets.

I couldn't promise that, I can't return to the others without Preston.... I thought as Preston was looking over his shoulder for a answer, "I-I-I c-cant pro-promise that P-Preston...." I said stuttering close to tears at losing someone close, "Yes you can Jerome." Preston said not moving or moving his gaze off of me.

I stayed silent while Preston looked ready to run ten miles, "Please...It's all I ask Jerome." Preston said looking down at the ground in front of him, "I...Promise..." I said the two words I never wanted to say to that, but I had to.

"Thanks now get ready to run." Preston said right before jumping into the streets and attacking one of the guards making all the other guards run after him, running across the streets I made it to the other ally way without no one noticing, I watched carefully as Preston ran across my view with a bunch of guards after him.

Running across I was only a ally way away from the portal until Preston got cornered in front of me in the streets by guards but he didn't look like he would let his guard down, sadness and anger ran up my spine, at remembering the promise.

"Not today Preston." I said as I ran out and held out my hand making earth spikes run at the guards making them run away, "Lets go!" I said grabbing Preston's hand and dragging him into a ally way towards the portal "thanks..." Preston said right before we both jumped into the portal.

I felt the soft landing of grass underneath me as me and Preston landed in the grass, "ow.." Preston said rubbing his head before getting up, "Lets go we have a pack to get to." Preston said holding out his hand for me to grab.

I took his hand and he helped me up, as soon as I got up I saw that it was the exact same portal we came through first time, I was thinking about what way to go and I walked to the right since the first time we went left and the new base was towards the right.

I was leading the way but I noticed that Preston was slowing his pace "you okay?" I asked looking back at him worried about him, "Yeah just want to warn you I kind of made a forest fire while battling Leon..." Preston said looking down in shame.

"I'm pretty sure that the pack could handle it." I said remembering that Vikk could heal plants and Rob could use water to put out the fire, "I guess, but what if they get mad at me for that?" Preston asked worried at that, "You get worried over the smallest things Preston calm down!" I said laughing.

From then we walked towards the base talking about things like what the pack might have been doing, or jokes. 'I can't wait to see Mitch again......

Wooden Machine Guns and Metal Tree Trunks!