Preston's flames?!

(Mitch's POV)

As I watched Jerome fall onto the ground in front of Preston I felt anger rise up my spine, I tried to take deep breaths but they didn't help Leon hurt Jerome, suddenly I saw Hannah run towards Preston with a sword and went to slash downwards at Preston, but as quickly as lighting I saw Preston turn around and a fireball hit Hannah square in the chest.

"Hannah!" Fin said running up to her to see if she was okay and she was she was sitting up glaring at Preston, "You hurt Jerome...but now you must pay." Preston said his voice had changed from his normal happy self to the voice he used when I first met him cold and distant.

I saw Leon take a step back in fear from Preston who had his back turned, suddenly flames surrounded Preston they went high, but it was clear that Preston was upset, "This isn't over Leon." Preston said as the flames went away.

"Preston?" Rob said taking a step carefully towards Preston, suddenly Preston was teleported away leaving nothing but a tiny wooden red wolf, "Preston..." I heard Lachlan said full of guilt, 'where did Preston go?' I thought to myself, I heard Fin and Hannah run away from the fight and soon the walls of vines went away.

Suddenly Vikk, Pete, and Connor ran towards us, "I thought you were protecting the house or what ever it is!" I said turning to them "There's a fire near the base!" Connor said with fear in his eyes, "Okay lets go!" Rob said going to run before being stopped by Pete.

"There's more." Pete said demanding, "Leon's there!" Vikk said hiding behind Lachlan, suddenly something snapped in my "We should try to find Preston and get out of here!" Rob said with fear in his voice, "No!" I said after I walked ahead of them towards the base.

"No more running! We need to face our fears!" I said looking back at them, I saw them look at me with unease, looking down I let the death of Jerome replay over and over in my head, "You can go...but I'm staying, I don't want to run anymore!" I said right before taking off towards the base.

"Mitch wait! It's dangerous!" I heard Vikk call out his voice getting fainter and fainter as I kept running, I soon was in a forest of flames with all the trees on fire, but I kept going only one thing was on my mine 'revenge.' I thought determined to get my revenge on Leon.

I stopped right where the base is to see Preston in the ground with more wounds then he had, and Leon in front of him, looking closer I saw that Preston was in pain from the wounds.

Suddenly Preston's hand caught on fire, and two fire balls were fired at Leon, "You really thought that would work?" Leon taunted as he walked a circle around the wounded Preston, "Your still the same...But I'm not." Preston said right before flames surrounded Leon pushing him into a tight circle.

"So this is it. Your going to kill me?" Leon said glaring at Preston, "No. I'm not like you." Preston said taking deep breaths as some of the trees fell to the ground causing most exits to be blocked.

"Then what are you going to do?" Leon asked confused, I watched as Preston glanced in my direction and nodded, and suddenly I grabbed my end sword and threw it at Leon earning him to jump sideways startled at me throwing my sword at him.

As I glared at him I saw pity in his eyes 'I don't need his pity!' I thought as my end sword reappeared in my hand, "What are we going to do about him?" I asked Preston, while he looked down I heard footsteps running towards us.

Assuming that Preston heard them as well seeing that Preston made a wall around us protecting us from danger, "What the!" A voice very familiar to me was heard from the other side of the wall, I looked at Preston and he seemed uneasy at letting his guard down but the let the second wall of fire go away.

And on the other side was the others, "What's going on?!" Lachlan asked me knowing that Preston was watching Leon carefully until Leon jumped through the flames and struck Preston with his sword against his chest, I watched my heart breaking from seeing someone that I looked up to fall from someone so easy to trap.

Suddenly Preston did a backflip that I didn't even know he could to, but that wasn't the end he made fire walls rush towards Leon which he easily avoided. As Preston grabbed his bow he shot three arrows around Leon making him fall backwards onto the grass, "Preston watch out!" Rob said as a a bunch of dirt covered Preston leaving a giant hill of dirt.

"Preston!" I yelled knowing that my powers could get unstable without training, turning to Leon I saw that he was smirking and looked satisfied from putting Preston in a giant mound of dirt, as Rob put out the fire on Connor's demands, I felt broken and shattered from Preston being put under dirt with no air.

"Mitch!" Connor's voice cut through my thoughts "What?" I answered coldly not noticing it until I said it, "We need to put out this fire!" Connor said commanding me to do something, "Right now I'm useless...." I said with my head hanging low knowing if I tried to help everything could go worse.

"Fine be useless!" Connor said turning around and walked away, but his words cut me sharper than a sword, 'useless....' I thought as I remembered how I thought when I first met Preston, 'I use to be so useless to him...I still am...' I thought still looking down but knowing that I was safe from the fire which was being put out quickly.

I couldn't wrap my mind around the thought of both of the people I cared about most, the ones who brought me up when I was down were gone...and I didn't do anything to stop it.."Who am I?" I thought as I looked up at the sky which was turning to a red orange......

Wooden Machine Guns and Metal Tree Trunks!