Chapter Seventeen

It seemed the longer that Renata remained in the Potter household, she would pick up on James' clothing items, believing that they were her brothers and the more she picked them up, she realised that her brother was going to end up naked if she ke...

It seemed the longer that Renata remained in the Potter household, she would pick up on James' clothing items, believing that they were her brothers and the more she picked them up, she realised that her brother was going to end up naked if she kept them all. Although they were comfortable, she figured it was unfair to keep his clothes hostage, and not once did it ever cross her mind that she was wearing James' clothing. One would assume that James would say something, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. Renata had confessed during one of their evening discussions that it was so hard to find clothing or robes that didn't irritate her skin because the materials were so rough all the time.

So naturally, James never said a word or told her that in fact, she was wearing his jumpers and shirts around the home. Several times, Remus and Sirius had noticed when they were visiting the home separately to see how James and Harry were doing. They went to mention it but James warned them to keep quiet. It was the least he could do for Renata besides paying her, with everything that she did for him and Harry. 

Besides, there was a part of him that felt happy when he saw her wearing his clothing, he wasn't sure why. Renata always wore the prettiest of outfits, all of them tailored to perfection and always so "neat and stylish" as Sirius proclaimed. She, of course, looked good in her own clothing, but maybe it was the fact that she looked comfortable and relaxed in his clothing that made him happy. After all, he was so worried about her being comfortable as she stayed with them at the home. It still bothered him that she wouldn't take one of the bigger rooms, but she insisted that her bedroom was just fine.

While it was his own mission to make sure that Harry was happy, along with himself, it seemed that Renata's happiness also became a priority in his life. Since coming into their life at their time of need, Renata did everything that was asked of her without question, that was something wonderful to have, but it was also the little things that she did that truly brought about a happiness to the atmosphere.

Such as when James would wake up some mornings and find the newest issue of Seeker Weekly, the internationally-published Quidditch magazine.  Or she would pick up cookbooks here and there because since his successful spaghetti, James found it rather enjoyable to cook and he was willing to try out new recipes, with Renata's guidance of course.

She would leave his sleeping draught out on the kitchen table at night so that he would remember to take it and James had to admit, it was all working quite well. There hadn't been any nightmares for weeks and he was certainly hoping to keep it that way. He used his alarm clock each morning and he actually felt well-rested. Not to mention, Harry was sleeping throughout the night, even sleeping in some mornings which was absolutely unheard of. But he would be so tired out from a day of fun, whether he was with Renata or on a playdate with Ron or Neville, that he had no choice but to sleep peacefully.

Harry didn't suffer from the nightmares either that brought him to wake up in the middle of the night or if he did, Renata took care of it and didn't make any mention of being disturbed. James didn't know how Renata could balance so many things at once and not lose her mind, she always appeared so calm on the outside. So many times, he was anticipating her just throwing her hands up in the air and screaming out "enough!" before running away.