Chapter Twenty

The last thing Renata was expecting was for James and Harry to return so soon, but at the same time, she was so relieved to see the two that she honestly didn't care about anything else

The last thing Renata was expecting was for James and Harry to return so soon, but at the same time, she was so relieved to see the two that she honestly didn't care about anything else. However, as Harry presented her with the flowers, she was left speechless for a moment as she held them, James looking mighty proud of himself for the idea and Harry looking all too pleased to be the one to present them to his nanny. Finally, when she found her voice again, Renata thanked Harry, by placing a small kiss on his cheek which brought him to giggle before he placed his hands on his face.

But, of course, the surprise didn't end there as James walked into the home with some bags and the promise of making Renata breakfast. Needless to say, she found herself more than surprised with everything that was unravelling that morning. James seemed to be in a cheerful mood as if nothing the night before had occurred. Although if one was looking at him, it didn't look like anything had happened as his hair looked just as it did before. She had to admit to herself that she had done an excellent job of restoring things to their natural order, no matter how messy they were.

And while she thought that Remus was going to stay, he excused himself, a smile on his face as he left the three. Renata didn't even fully know the reason behind his visit, if he needed something or if he was just checking to see if things were running smoothly. Perhaps he was leaving quickly to make sure he didn't run the risk of running into Sirius. If only he knew that his former friend had already been there, seeking relationship advice just minutes before they had all arrived.

But with everyone seemingly in good spirits, Renata had to assume that James didn't recall any of his confession from the night before and for that, she was extremely thankful. Seeing him excited over the idea of making breakfast brought a smile to her own face as she forgot all the previous drama for the time being.

Harry sat in her lap, pretending to count the number of flowers that were located in the bouquet, but he definitely started making up numbers once he got past two. Not that she minded at all, but most of her attention was focused on James as he was preparing the meal. He was humming to himself, singing a few lyrics to a song she didn't know, doing a little dance in front of the stove.

Meanwhile, she was just sitting there, wondering if this was the same man that had suffered another breakdown the night before, cutting his hair off believing that his late wife had hated him. He certainly didn't seem that way as he appeared to be in such a good mood. Part of her wanted to be happy, the other part of her was slightly scared.

At one point, he turned to her with the same right grin that had yet to fade. " So, I came out of my room this morning and saw that you were on the floor, " he said, causing her to turn red in the face, " you looked awfully uncomfortable. I hope you don't mind that I moved you to your room."

"No, not at all," she said, looking down at Harry as he was holding one of the flowers incredibly close to his face. " I um, just wanted to make sure that I would hear you if you happened to wake up during the night and needed something, that's all."