Chapter Sixty-Six

"Oh no! What happened to him?!"

Renata clapped her hands over her mouth in shock as she came to witness Sirius' face as James directed her to the room that Sirius occupied within the hospital. She thought it was planned, she thought in another room Sirius had taken Adelmo and was explaining things to him in the best way he could. Apparently, she was mistaken because the Sirius that was currently lying in bed, had a swollen face, too swollen to even speak properly, let alone be recognisable and there was a dark red substance oozing from his face.

Sirius was trying to move his mouth to think, at least, that was what she believed, but it only came out as grunting. Turning to James, Renata believed that something horrible had happened to Sirius after she had been taken, only to see that James was trying so desperately hard not to laugh in her presence. Immediately, she slapped his arm for his inappropriate response to his best friend's situation.

"Ow!"

"How could you be laughing at a time like this? Do you see his face?!" she scolded him. "And it sounds like he's in pain!"

"Oh, he's not in pain," James rubbed his arm, but couldn't help the grin that returned, " he is angry though. But it was the only thing I could think of at the time that would attract magical attention rather than just muggle help. We didn't know where they took you and they practically obliviated everyone on scene. But after we got to safety, we had to come up with a plan."

"So, what did you do? Rub his face with something poisonous?" Renata asked. "James, that's terrible."

"No, no, but I knew we needed to get magical help and maybe if we were lucky we could come across Adelmo. While we were trying to come up with a plan, I came up with one first, but I knew that Sirius wouldn't go along with it, he cares about his appearance too much and to present him as an oozing monster in front of Adelmo? He would never, but it actually worked out really well because while he's trying to swear at me, it sounds terrible, you know?"

Renata tilted her head as she watched Sirius fold his arms while he sat up in the bed, he couldn't speak properly but he still obviously hear.

"How did you get his face to look like that?"

"You mean, he doesn't always look like that?" James questioned playfully, leaving Sirius to make an ungodly sound in protest and finally, that brought Renata to chuckle. But she quickly covered it up with her hand as Sirius squinted in her direction.

"James-"

"Alright, no, I didn't use any poison, all I did was use Engorgio on sections on his face to cause parts to swell more than others to cause the unevenness."

"But what's that stuff oozing out of his face, James? It's disgusting!"

"Mashed berries," James answered proudly as he puffed his chest out, " I stomped them out with my foot, mixed it up with a little bit of dirt and then wiped it all over his face while he was distracted by how enlarged his face actually was. I had also taken his wand when he wasn't looking to keep him distracted. And then, to top it all off, I carried his bottom in the streets, crying out for help and this is where we've been since."