Chapter Forty-Three

While Renata wished that James would have slowly relayed all the newly found information to her rather than beat her over the head with it bluntly, she was thankful that he decided to be honest with her

While Renata wished that James would have slowly relayed all the newly found information to her rather than beat her over the head with it bluntly, she was thankful that he decided to be honest with her. She wasn't sure how much Adelmo would have disclosed if she had approached him first, but she knew it was just in his nature to be protective. He wouldn't tell her anything until he was aware of everything himself, just so that he wouldn't cause her any unnecessary panic. It was a kind gesture, but Renata was actually thankful that James was giving her everything without hesitation.

It definitely showed the concern on his behalf as he and Sirius had willingly looked into the matter, but Renata didn't know what to make of everything she had been presented with. First, the idea of her school only employing Aurors, Healers, teachers, and government employees, wouldn't have sounded so off if they were all specifically trained in those professions. However, Renata didn't remember her schooling being any different from what she heard others experiencing. She still had all the regular core classes and no one had steered her in the direction of becoming an Auror.

But then again, did she really just wake up one day and decide that she was going to be one? She had no distinct recollection of what point her in life she had made such a decision, but it was almost as if it has always been ingrained in her mind to become an Auror. Was it the same for Adelmo? She never recalled him every claiming that he wanted to become a Healer when they were children, he was naturally incredibly smart, but there had been no discussion of it.

However, as soon as he left school, he went right into practising healing without looking at any other job prospects.

And if that wasn't enough for her to process at one time, it felt as though James was making a hint that perhaps her blood phobia, and her want to become an Auror were somewhat correlated. She didn't see any relation between them initially, but as she thought about it, she couldn't recall a time during her childhood where the phobia had ever been a factor. No one spoke of memories where she had an episode or anything of the sort. Her first experience with it was during her Auror training, seemingly out of nowhere.

Just like her decision to become an Auror had come out of nowhere as she couldn't remember an instance where she ever claimed she wanted to be one, she just wanted to be one...naturally?

Then James decided to drop the final bomb on her head, announcing that her mother was visiting and that was enough to make Renata want to vomit right on the spot. It was nothing truly against her mother, she loved her parents dearly. However, her mother held very high expectations for her and for Adelmo.

Adelmo was well off in his career as a Healer, but Renata, she could already hear her mother questioning everything about her becoming a nanny. It didn't matter if Harry was the famed Boy-Who-Lived, in her mother's eyes, Renata could do so much better and she was afraid that it was going to be one of the first things brought up, on her visit. Renata was dreading it the most because the last thing she wanted was for her mother to offend James and she already knew that her mother was not going to approve the idea of her dating James either.