Chapter Nineteen

While James slept peacefully after Renata helped back inside and into his own bed, she had a terrible time trying to fall asleep that evening

While James slept peacefully after Renata helped back inside and into his own bed, she had a terrible time trying to fall asleep that evening. After James had dropped the equivalent to a bomb of information on her, she didn't know what to think or what to do. Obviously, his sleeping draught had placed him in a position where he was vulnerable to expose information that she figured otherwise, he would keep secret.

She didn't mean to pry for such personal information, never thinking there was that much behind the nicknames. Renata assumed they had been nicknames from their time in school, but nothing really beyond that. She had known about Sirius being an animagus due to the incident at the park when they all first met, but to learn that James was one as well?

Mind-blowing.

And if that wasn't enough, he decided to throw in the fact that Remus was a werewolf, something Renata never saw coming. Although after James had admitted it, everything suddenly made sense of the situation. Yet, Renata wasn't one to hold it against him, Remus still came across as a very kind gentleman whenever he was around, obviously, the lycanthropy only affected his personality on nights of the full moon. But she knew that it was probably information that Remus didn't want spreading around, after all, werewolves were not held in high regards in the wizarding world.

If he found out that James had exposed his secret, regardless of the circumstances, he was probably not going to react the best. He didn't know Renata that well and probably didn't trust her to know something so personal about him. Not that she could honestly blame Remus, she probably wouldn't want others outside of her immediate family and closest friends knowing if she suffered from the same condition.

Also, if James realised that he had just willingly blurted it out, Renata feared that he would hold more guilt and shame on his shoulders. She hoped that James didn't remember the discussion they had as he drifted off to sleep the next morning and if it held out that way, Renata would pretend like it never happened. She had to, for James' sake, and for Remus' sake as well, she didn't want to imagine their reactions if they knew that she knew.

Remus would be upset at James and James would probably hate himself even more so than he already did. All she was trying to do was let the family heal, not cause more problems for them. So vowed her own silence, if James didn't bring it up if he didn't remember, then she was going to go on pretending that she didn't know anything either.

However, that wasn't the only thing that was keeping Renata up when all she desperately wanted to do was sleep. It still centred around James, hoping that he would remain asleep for the majority of the night and not suffer through any more nightmares. It left her paranoid after he tried to get Harry involved in the haircut fiasco.

Luckily, she had restored James' hair to its natural state so that it wouldn't raise alarm the next morning, but she was afraid of James not breaking out of it once more. With both of them sleeping in separate rooms, Renata didn't feel comfortable retreating to her own room for the night. She was fearful that James would stir from his slumber and try to complete the task. He had fallen asleep in a better mood, but it always seemed that when things were going really well that they took such a sour turn.