Chapter Sixty-Three

There was a struggle on Renata's behalf as she remained in the hold of her captors, but unfortunately, early on they were able to take her wand from her, leaving her powerless against them

There was a struggle on Renata's behalf as she remained in the hold of her captors, but unfortunately, early on they were able to take her wand from her, leaving her powerless against them. She attempted to physically fight them, however, since both of them were armed with their wands, all attempts were rendered as failures. In her hand, she gripped the photograph of Harry tightly as she dragged inside of her parents' home. She didn't understand what was taking place, she didn't understand why she was back in Italy when the last thing she could fully remember was staying at Adelmo's flat after the incident at Harry's birthday party.

Harry, she thought to herself before thinking of James and the fact that he was there in Italy, along with Sirius. And while she didn't know what was going on fully, she had a feeling that her mother was behind all of it. Especially as she was dragged through her parents' home with no sign of them. She tried to turn her head to view, just who dwelled under the hoods of her captors, but she found that she physically couldn't. Her body was seemed to keep her stuck in the position she was in. They've must have cast an incantation when she was too busy mulling over what was actually taking place.

And rather coming to a halt within the home, Renata found herself being dragged into the back, in the direction of the root cellar. A sense of fear and puzzlement swirled inside her chest as she couldn't fight off the captors to escape before she was pulled inside. When she was a child, she remembered being told that the root cellar was off limits, mainly because that was where her parents said they stored wine and all sorts of other things that Adelmo and she didn't need to be messing with.

However, she had a feeling for all those years that the root cellar was definitely holding something more than wine, it held the darkest secrets of the Abate family because she could feel her skin crawl as soon as they entered the dark area.

Finally, the hold on her arms was released, bringing her to fall to the ground roughly, but she didn't even manage to move freely for more than a few seconds when she felt something cold and hard wrap around her wrists and ankles. They began to pull, placing her into a position that she couldn't move from as she was in a kneeling position with her arms pulled behind her back. While it was practically useless in her situation, Renata attempted to scream for help and as she pulled, she realised that she was actually chained in place.

The sensation of her headache continued to grow worse as she could hear voices talking inside of her head, ones that she recognised but didn't remember sharing in a conversation such as that. Gritting her teeth, she tried to fight the pain off and focus on what the voices were saying directly, however, she was interrupted by the sound of faint cracking before her, meaning several people had apparated into the room with her. It remained dark for a few minutes, but after a few seconds, she was blinded by the light of a wand bringing her to turn her head away before her eyes adjusted.

As she was finally able to turn her head back, she was able to see that four other figures that gathered around her besides the two that stood on either side and had been the ones to pull her inside in the first place. A lump developed in her throat that grew difficult to swallow, making it all the more difficult for her to breathe properly.