Chapter Fifty-Two

As much as James had initially dreaded the idea of Harry needing glasses, he couldn't deny that when he saw Harry again, fitted with a pair of frames that it brought a sudden warmth to spread in his chest

As much as James had initially dreaded the idea of Harry needing glasses, he couldn't deny that when he saw Harry again, fitted with a pair of frames that it brought a sudden warmth to spread in his chest. Not that Harry would ever be able to recognise it, but there were many instances where he resembled the late Fleamont Potter. It brought him to smile because even though his father didn't live long enough to meet Harry, James had that comfort that Fleamont still lived on, in parts of him and in parts of Harry. The same thing with Euphemia, because while everyone claimed that Harry had Lily's eyes or resembled his father, it was James who could point out his parents with his son.

Such as the messy hair that everyone assumed was James' messy hair, however, James distinctly remembered his mother complaining about Fleamont's "lazy curl" in the back of his head several times.  The lock of hair that she referred too was wavy until it reached the end and then created a tight curl that just made it pop out because it was shorter in comparison to the rest of his hair.

If Fleamont attempted to cut it off, it would grow back in the span of overnight, very much like the rest of his hair and when James spotted the same curl in Harry's hair, he couldn't help but laugh. He only wished that Fleamont and Euphemia had lived long enough to meet Harry or spend some time with him because he knew they would have adored everything about their grandson.

Although maybe they wouldn't like his temper tantrum behaviour that everyone was a witness to since Harry had been fitted for the glasses. It didn't matter how firm Renata and James were with him, Harry didn't give a shit, he really didn't want to wear the glasses. With every opportunity, he would rip them off his face and throw them to the floor. Or if he was left alone for just a second, he would attempt to hide them throughout the house. Even though, his plans were always foiled because no matter what he did, Renata or James always ended up finding them within seconds.

They attempted to fix a strap to them so that he couldn't take them off but it only left Harry to panic as he couldn't get them off. He would scream bloody murder throughout the flat until one of the adults gave in and took them off. But they couldn't let Harry win, Renata made a point that if they let Harry win the battle that they were only going to reinforce the behaviour.

"If we keep letting him get away with screaming and kicking, he's going to keep doing it every time he doesn't want to do something," Renata said as James held the glasses in his hand, one morning trying to coax Harry into wearing them.

"So what should we do then?" James asked, looking up at her with a lost expression. "Should I get some sweets and offer it to him if he wears his glasses?"

"No, James" Renata offered a small smile, " that's bribery. Please don't bribe a three year old. That's just asking for trouble!"

"I don't see the problem with it, " he admitted.

She nodded her head and made her way over, collecting a sweet off the table and the pair of glasses.

"Are you planning on bribing Harry for the rest of your life to get him to do something? Every time you ask him to do something he's going to want something in return. It doesn't sound healthy. You're going to have to encourage him as a parent that this is what he needs to do."