𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒘𝒐

It was the third day of the internship and Midnight has been making me work so hard. I know it's only the third day but I am so tired but I wouldn't quit. This is a chance for me to become a hero.

The weird feeling I have been having has not left, it just increases. Another weird thing is that every time I ask Midnight about my mum she dodges the question. Why? 

What could she possibly be hiding from me?

If only I could remember who that woman was maybe then I would solve the mystery.

It was five o'clock when Midnight decided to finish our training but I wonder why? We normally finish later.

"Why are we finishing early today?" I ask her as I walk next to her.

"We got our first job"

"What is it?"

"Get changed then I will tell you"

After she spoke, I sighed knowing she wasn't going to tell me anything. There's one thing I noticed about Midnight sometimes she can be fun but then others she can be all mysterious and secretive. Strange.

I was walking to the changing room when I passed Midnight's office and stopped. I need to see that photo again. I needed to see it more clearly this time. What if it isn't the same photo? Maybe it is a personal photo?

 But there is one thing I know for sure she is hiding something from me. Something important. 

They say curiosity kills the cat but lucky for me I am no cat. 

I open the door slowly looking around making sure no one was around and when it was clear I entered the dark room. I rushed towards her desk but tried to make as little noise as I could.

Once I reached her desk I opened the drawers trying to find the photo. I need to know. Why does she have it? Is she the woman in the picture?

There it is. I pick it up looking at it closely. This is definitely the same photo that I remember. The same photo that sat next to my bed. The same photo I would see before closing my eyes and welcoming my childish dreams.

Maybe there is an explanation as to why this is here? 

My eyes look but at the drawers to see one more thing in the drawer. It was a piece of paper. Maybe this can help clear thing up. Or maybe confuse me even more.

I know this is wrong but now that I know it has something to do with my mum and me, I want to know more. No, I need to know.

I pick the paper up and see it was a letter. It was for my mum from Midnight.

My eyes scan every word on the paper reading it carefully. Once I was finished I was devastated. How could she keep this from me? She had no right to keep this from me.

I see some light entering the room and my head snaps up to see Midnight entering. I glare at her as she lets out a sigh.

"You took your time, I got worried for a minute" 

"Stop lying" I snarl at her. I can't believe this. 

"What ar-" She stops herself as her eyes land on the paper in my hand and she rushes over to me and tries to get the paper out of my hand but I have other plans. I pull my hand back and walk around the desk so I am standing in front of her on the other side of the desk.

"How dare you not tell me?" 

"I was going to"

"STOP LYING AND TELL ME THE TRUTH" I shout at her.

"Okay then let me explain" She paused before walking towards the two sofa's and sits down. "First sit down then I will explain"

I nod my head while taking a sit on the comfortable sofa's "explain this" 

She takes a deep breath before speaking:

"I am your aunt" That one sentence triggered memories to play out in my head.

FLASHBACK:

"This is your auntie" The soft voice of my mum enters my ears as I look up to see a woman who had similar features to my mum.

The woman goes on her knees to my height.

"Hello hero Aqua would you like to help auntie save the world"

FLASHBACK END:

The woman in the photo was my auntie. She was my auntie. Midnight is my auntie. Why didn't she see me when everything happened?

Tears were on the edge of my eyes, I was about to start shouting at her but she stopped me.

"Before you start shouting at me. I need you to listen to me." Slowly, I nod my head. 

"You mum was my older sister and we were close. I loved her" She stopped to wipe the tears that escaped her eyes. "I remember seeing you and your sister for the first time. You looked so much like your mum and still do while your sister looked like her dad. I loved both you equally"

I clench my fist while I heard that. If only he could have loved us equally. That's the reason I have been in pain. That's the reason I have a hard time going to sleep. 

"Why didn't you come to see us after her death?" I snarled at her.

"Because the reason she is dead is because of me" I didn't want to hear anymore so I stood up and rushed out of her office running down the halls while she was calling for me but I just couldn't right now.

I will sort it out tomorrow I just need to think now. All this new information is too much for me. How dare she? I felt my blood boil at the thought of Midnight. Maybe it is not as worst compared to what I am imaging but I need to calm down before talking to her.

I run out of the building and towards the streets while I still hear the calls of Midnight. I need to lose her and fast. 

There was an alleyway that could hide me for a bit. I thought as I turned and ran into the alleyway until I saw a figure.

I couldn't see anything apart from the shape of the person but I have the worst feeling ever right now. My mind was everywhere. What do I do?

"C-come o-out" I stuttered out.

"Do you really want that darling?" The person said.

I knew that voice. That sickening voice. The voice that always scared me as a kid. The voice that keeps me up at night.

The one person who haunts my day and night.

My father. I thought as he comes out of the dark.