#5 "80 dollars" (part 1)

"Can you go out with me?"

"No."

The next morning.

"Go out with me."

"No."

The next day.

"Let's date."

"No."

The next next day.

"Please go out with me."

Today is the fourth time a man named Wonwoo asked me to be his girlfriend. I let out a sigh and replied, "did your friends made a bet?" Then I pointed those 3 guys peeking on us while hiding behind the bush.

Wonwoo is a 3rd year high school, a year ahead of from me. He is quite popular because of his looks, but I heard he is expressionless and hard as stone. For him to ask me for date in consecutive days, it must be because of a bet.

"Yes," he answered. Ahuh,I was right.

"How much will you gain if you win on the bet?"

"20 dollars."

The blew wind. We are staring at each other, both are wearing blank expression.

"I'll help you win the bet. Give me half of your price," I suggested.

"13-7."

"10-10."

"11-9."

"10-10."

"Deal."

"Deal."

I offered a handshake and he reached my hand. "Then, let's go. I will introduced you as my girlfriend."

"A business partner rather," I corrected as I let him held my hand and pulled me on the way to his group of friends.

"Oy Wonwoo! What a coincidence, meeting you here, ha-ha," one of his friend gave an excuse. Tsk,what a bad acting.

"Guys. (Y/n) and I are now a couple," Wonwoo introduced.

I bowed at them. "Hello. I will love your friend with all my heart. "

"What?! Already?!" The three idiots exclaimed. They must be surprised the their 20 dollars will fly away from their wallets.

"Wonwoo. Let's date on our school rooftop after class," I said.

"Okay."

I looked at the three idiots again. "Then, bye." And so, I walked away.

I'll get my 10 dollars after school. What a  fast way to earn money.

"Hey (y/n), isn't that Wonwoo sunbaenim? Why were you together?" Veronica asked when she met me on the way to our classroom.

"We were digging."

"Digging what?"

"Grave and gold."

"Huh?"

"Nevermind. Let's go."

Everyone knows that I am a kind of girl who will never date. They said I am boring, weird and have my own world. So when I heard a popular guy asked me for a date, it was obvious that it is for a bet. Good thing he is honest.

~ding dong ding dong~

The classes are finished.

I climbed up on the rooftop. When I opened the door, the orange sky filled my eyes. It was fascinating. Then, his image slowly appeared.

"I won the bet," he said.

I walked closer and laid my hands. "Where is my 10 dollars?"

He put the 10 dollar bills on my hands. "Here."

So I put in inside my pocket. "Good. Then, that means our deal is finished. Let's break up. Goodbye." I bowed my head as I step away.

But he grabbed my wrist. "60 dollars," he said.

I looked back, to his hand, up to his eyes. "What?"

"My friends made another bet. If our relationship will last for exactly three months, they will give me 60 dollars. What do you think?"

60 dollars? Not bad.

"I'll have 30 dollars," I made a deal.

"25-35."

"Excuse me Mr.Jeon, my price is high because I am NBSB."

"Okay. 30-30. Deal?" Now, he is the one who offered a handshake.

"Deal."

I wonder, if I can really endure those 3 months for this stupid fake relationship.

========