#81 "Uncolored life of his"

"Useless," the only word the old man can utter after slapping his own son.

Hatred, pain, sadness, nor guilt, neither of it can be seen on his son's face. "I know. So you must forget having a son like me," he replied and turned his back to the person who gave him life.

The son's name is Wen Junhui, a famous actor of their nation. He seems to have everything: pretty face, fame, money and good reputation. But when the camera is off, he is loneliest person in the whole world. Nothing can seal that empty hole inside his heart. No one.  Just no one.

"What did your father say?" his manager asked while driving the van.

Junhui didn't respond- no, he just couldn't utter any answer. How can the word useless come out from his own mouth?

His manager took a quick glance at him through the car's front mirror. He can tell it; that something bad had happened for Junhui to stared outside the window and watched the rain pours down.

"Can you drop me in the mall?" Junhui requested.

"Why? If you need something, I'll buy it for you," his manager offered.

"No. I just want to watch a movie. Can you recommend me a good movie? Something that can make me laugh."

He was always like this: using a movie to escape from the reality. That's the main reason why he choose this career. So he could be someone far from his true self.

"But I forgot to bring a mask or a cap. There is a hoodie beside you but it is not enough to cover your identity," his manager sighed.

"People won't recognize me. I'll promise," Junhui begged with his hopeless eyes.

How could his manager resist when he is being like this? Like a lost puppy who doesn't have a home he could return to?

"Contact me if me anything happened. I'll be at the parking lot," worried, his manager plead after dropping him at the back entrance of the mall.

Junhui put the hoodie and hopped out from the van. "Hmmm. I'll be back, maybe after two hours." He closed the door and with his hands inside his pocket, he walks around the mall while lowering his head as much as possible.

"One ticket please."

The staff of the ticket booth looked at him. "One ticket for-?" And her eyes widened when he recognized him. "Oh my gosh!" she gasped, covering her mouth with two hands.

"Shsssh," Junhui hushed with a smile.

She quickly nodded, still in dazed. Well who will think that a superstar like Junhui will suddenly appear out of nowhere? She must be thinking this is just a dream.

"Give me a ticket for Mr. Babarian movie," he whispered.

"Y-Yes sir." She is trembling as she prepares his ticket. When it's done, she gave it to him. "I am a big fan. You are so handsome in person," she adored.

"Thank you." Junhui even winked before he entered the cinema. "My paradise," he uttered while looking around that dark and cold place.

Even though he is tweny-four, he still felt like an excited ten year old when he walked through the door and saw the big screen. He snag his favourite seat, and sits there until the film began.

Actually the reason he is here is not only because of the movie but the people inside the cinema. He loves to watch them laugh to their heart contents, and wish he could laugh the way they do. However...