#54 "Black and White" part 4

The most popular guys in town are walking on the school hallway. One of them known as the white prince while the other is dark demon. Both are handsome and girls are lining up just to get their attention.

"Hello," the white prince waved his hands with a smile.

"Kyaah!" girls giggled.

"F*cking noisy," dark demon complained as he put his earphones on.

The two are bestfriends. Everyone thought how amazing it is that those two are getting so well together even though they have opposite characters; Not knowing the hidden secrets behind  the white prince's smile and the dark demon's curses. The only one who knows they real identity is no other than...

"(Y/n)!" Joshua greeted from afar.

Every girls, gays and boys around quickly turned they head on you as if they are all asking the same question inside their heads: 'Who the hell is (y/n)?'

When Mingyu saw you standing at the opposite direction, his face turned red. So he changed his gaze; left and right, just to hid his embarrassment. While on the other hand, Joshua is waving his hand furiously. " Let's have a lunch together (y/n)!" he added.

It was you wish before. You promised that if the time comes when Joshua will finally acknowledge your existence then your one sided crush will be fulfilled.

It feel so unreal. Yes unreal in a negative way. Because you know that he is not a good guy he supposed to be.  The truth slapped the fantasy you treasured before and it keeps you drowning down, reminiscing those things you witnessed.

"What the hell."

"Who is (y/n)?"

"Joshua's girlfriend?"

"No way."

Students murmured around.

You want to escape from the crowd yet you cannot move on that spot. It feels like a lamb trapped in circle of predators.

Joshua walked closer, much closer that any time you think that your heart might burst!

"Let's have a lunch my friend. Mingyu made lunch box for us," he sweetly offered along with his arm settling around your shoulder.

Mingyu's fierce eyes glared within his friend's arm. He didn't like how Joshua touch your shoulder so casually. So he walked towards your direction and pulled his friend's hand away. "Let's just f*cking eat, shall we?"

He held your hand and pulled you away from the crowd. "Hey wait for me!" Joshua chuckled, knowing how he intentionally pissed him off.

"Joshua Oppa, who is (y/n?)" Some of the girls asked.

Joshua grinned and answered, "Our new classmate and our new best friend. Please treat her well." It followed by a fake wink.

On the other side, you and Mingyu are already sitting at the corner of the rooftop.

"I t-think it is wrong for us to stay here. Students are not allowed in the rooftop," you murmured, while sitting straight with hands on your knee.

Mingyu is doing an indian sit beside you. He can also feel the awkwardness in between and it make him nervous for an unknown reason!

"F*ck! What's taking him so long?!" Mingyu shouted inside his mind. "D-Don't worry. We won't get caught," he cowardly stuttered.

Five minutes of silence had passed.

Mingyu do curse a lot but you know how kind-hearted he is. He maybe sounds like a freak but he is too soft especially when it comes to animals and nature. After the conversation you had with him yesterday, you didn't know how to approach him without asking why you are together.

"Joshua already told me,"  finally, he broke the silence.

You looked at him with unrhythm breath. "H-Huh? About what?"

"He said you accidentally discovered his true identity."

Your eyes widened! "He did?"

Mingyu nodded. "Sh*t that son of b*tch. I told him to act properly." He chuckled.

For some reason, his laughs calmed you down.

"Usually, if someone discovered Joshua's true self, he'll do anything to kick him/her out so his secret will remain secret between the two of us. So at first, I was so shock when he said he wants to befriend you," Mingyu shared while looking at the sky.

"I am so surprised as well. I thought he will bully me or do everything to drag me down so that my lips remain unseal," you responded. "Until now, I couldn't understand why he offer this friendship."

Mingyu stared at your face and you met his gaze.

The wind blew. Your hair covered the half of your face. Mingyu lifted his hand and unknowingly, he tucked your hair behind your ear, making you freeze on the spot.

"No one knows the real Joshua, nor the real Kim Mingyu," he mumbled while looking straight at your eyes. "I think having a friend who knows us and accept us on who we are, is freaking cool. So don't hesitate and accept our offer, damn it." He smiled.

'My heart... skipped a beat,' you confessed inside your mind.

The door suddenly opened. "Did you start eat--" Joshua halted. He traced Mingyu's hand on your ear and blinked about five times. "Oh sh*t. What are you two doing while I'm away?" He teased with a smirk.

Mingyu pulled his hand, scratched his nape as he blushed. "Don't t-think anything weird you psycho," he stuttered.

Joshua sat down in between. He exchanged stares on you and on his own friend. "I asked you to be our friend, not to be my bestfriend's flirtmate," he whispered on your ear.

"I'm not flirting with him!/  F*CK YOU!" You and Mingyu shouted in unison.

Joshua laughed. "Your reactions are priceless! Hahahaha!" He lay down on the ground and stared at the sky while you and Mingyu couldn't look at each other. "It really nice to have friends," Joshua mumbled. He closed his eyes and feel the cool wind brushing on his skin.

Joshua is a bad guy. You know he is. But as you observed him up close, you think they might be a reason behind. And maybe, the only one who knows Joshua's history is his bestfriend, Kim Mingyu.

Mingyu laid down beside Joshua and closed his eyes too. "Damn this wind. It make me feel sleepy," he whispered.

Both of them inhaled and exhaled. "Oh sh*******t," they said in unison.

"The two of you..."  you said. They opened their eyes and looked at you. "You really love to curse? Cursing is bad."

Mingyu frowned while Joshua laughed.

"As long as we are your friends," Joshua said while laying on the ground, " expect  to hear a lot of these: f*ck, sh*t, son of a b*tch, motherf*ck*r, s*x, p**sy and..."

"Ahhh stop!" You yelled while covering your ears. " I don't want to hear more!" You keep on covering your ears so tight so that you won't hear a thing.

Joshua laughed so hard. " So fun to tease her,"

"Did you befriend her so you can tease her?" Mingyu complained.

"Not really." Joshua sat up. "One of the reasons is because she knows our real identity." Then he suddenly covered your ears with his hands.

"Oh?" You gasped.

"The main reason is..." Joshua looked seriously at his friend. "You like her. Right?"

The board of game started with two pawns, black and white. When the white moved  his Knight, it was a checkmate. This is your love story, this is their game. Let's start from the beginning, when the price is not the answer but the love that soon to bloom.