#37 "Forgive"

You said, “I love you.” But they still hate you.

Your smiles made them puke, yet it was a feast when you are in vain.

You blinked, breathe and said, “Hello.” They blinked, breathe and said, “Sh*t.” But you are the one to blame.

Simply, the world is cruel.  

So you said, “Enough!”

They replied, Sorry.”

But ‘Sorry’ is a word for unintentional mistake, and not for things that always got repeated again and again.

“It’s okay, you can do it. Just forget everything,” your friends said. It was pleasant to ears but couldn’t find its way to your heart for an ease. Words are empty shells, trapped deep in the middle of the ocean.

Unfortunate conclusion won.

You bought a rope, hanged it and put a chair beneath. Now there is one goal: to end this life.

Knock knock!”

You are already standing above the chair when you heard a calling from someone outside the door.

Knock knock!” he repeated.

So you went down and dragged your feet. “What?” you asked after opening the door.

A handsome man named Yoon Jeonghan crossed your life.

Hi. My name is Yoon Jeonghan. I am here to ask if you are interested to secure a better future ahead by getting a life insurance from us. Our company’s motto is: Don’t give up! Smile and share the good news. And I am here to lend a helping hand.”

Tears fell from your eyes like a dam. At the moment you almost end your life, someone encourage you to hope and to dream again. He said: “Don’t give up!” A stranger, not a friend offered you  a helping hand to lean on.

“M-Miss did I say something bad?” he predicted after witnessing your tears slowly falling down.

With your weak arms, you hugged him, so tght. “Thank you. Thank you for giving me hope.”

Because of this man, you choose to live. And a love story begin. He became your bestfriend, a joker and your happy pill.

“Remember,” he whispered. He cupped your cheeks and stared at your eyes under the starlight of shimmering night sky. “No matter what happens, no matter what they say, I’ll be on your side. I’ll protect you and defend you.”

Jeonghan leaned, closed his eyes and kissed your lips.

His kiss was like a magic: a kind of spell when Fairy God mother says: “Bibidi babidi boo,” to ease Cinderella’s pain even just for a moment.

That’s how you realized how he, and love, changed your perspective. Too bad memories feed the mind but not the heart where you thought would remain forever.

Days passed by.

One morning, a notification popped up in your 2nd account. You checked it and saw the name of the person who humiliated you. Though you are as pale as white snow, and cold as it is, you opened the message:

~”Hi. It’s me, the one who talked sh*ts about you. I am here to apologize and to tell you that I want to change for the better. I am not perfect, so do you. No one is. That’s why for everything I did, I am sorry.”

~” Why did you suddenly apologized after you broke me into pieces?” you replied.

~ “Because someone taught me that I must never judge a person by its cover ^^”~

The door opened. Jeonghan, your boyfriend, came inside your apartment while holding his phone. “Good Morning Baby!” he greeted with a smile.

You look so happy dear,” you said.

Yup. It was because, finally, I apologized to that person.”

“Who?”

“To her.” He showed the screen and let you look at a familiar profile account.

Your smile quickly faded away, as you muttered, “I know who is the owner of that account.”

“Really?! You know?!” he exclaimed.

With your teary eyes, you tend at him. And said, “It is mine.”