#174 "The world of Beauty"

In human population, women's number were always bigger than men's ever since. We can see the evidence to our classrooms, office, fast-food chains or to everywhere. Thus, survey that there are more single women, has agreed the estimated ratio of 8 girls to every 2 boys.

I'm not gonna doubt why fangirls have mass numbers than fanboys.

In addition of my intellectual introduction, I always found myself having a crush with some handsome guy who's surrounded by admirers like me.

Kim Mingyu, a sexy 26 year-old tall guy. He has eyes as rigid as wolf, nose that is pointed in perfection, small face and tiny mole on his left cheek which makes him more attractive.

He lives at the same village as mine. Neighbors see him as celebrity and of course! I am one of them. 'I mean... who won't get awe by his beauty? '

If I will rank myself, then probably, I am his 300th fan if it is in first come first serve basis.

  "Good morning miss Elizabeth," I heard his voice from the window, and so I dashed to take a peek.

'What is he wearing today? What is his hair style? Is he in a good mood?' These were my thoughts while running.

  "Miss (Y/n)! Watch your steps!" Aunt Mersey warned me because she saw me skipped few steps at the stairway.

  "Good morning aunt!" I simply waved at her before I finally arrived by the windowpane. As expected, Mingyu passed by to greet miss Elizabeth. She is the infamous pretty girl at the next house and is also his best friend.

'Same feathers flock together.'

"Going to work?" Elizabeth asked to that tall guy with blue-shirt and clean cut dark brown hair.

'Mingyu had a haircut! Damn! It suits him! Kyaaah!'

"Ohhhh~ your haircut suits you," his best friend complimented as she stared upon him because of their height difference. Even a model-figure like her is smaller than him huh.

  "Lol thanks," Mingyu responded casually like they are used to this kind of conversation. "I'm going to my part time job. What about you?" After brushing his bangs upward, he showed a smile that could end the World War II if ever he was alive back then.

  "I'm on the way to work too. Your mom has asked to go in your house for dinner." Elizabeth tilted her head on my direction. I couldn't help to feel amaze at her face; rounded eyes with long eyelashes, small pointed nose, red lips, charcoal black hair and pale white skin.

  'We are both woman but she made my heart skip a beat.'

  "Really? Then see you later." Mingyu ruffled her silky hair before stepping away.

Even though I fantasised Mingyu, I already accepted the fact that someday, he will end up with a girl on his level. Like Elizabeth.

Ordinary looking girl like me is suited for the sidelines part which I've been doing for years. Someone who is in the 9-2 ratio.

But loveless as I may seem, I never had a problem when it comes to financial support. I am not pretty, but I have money.

'If only I can buy him, I will. Lol!'

However, having bills to spend and having one-sided crush have different laws. Thus money couldn't buy one's affection.

A week passed by.

I woke up and ate my breakfast on bed as my usual routine. Aunt Mersey prepared milk, cereal and pancakes then brought it to my room. Because I don't need to work, unless dad starts a business for me, I am always stuck inside our house: watching dramas, browsing to my iPhone, booking concert tickets and staring intently at the ceiling while the Ac is on.

'Fangirling over Mingyu is the only thing that wouldn't bore me. (Attending concert too)'

It's been week since I didn't see him passing by our window. Does he has new work so he now walks on the opposite side?

  "Miss (Y/n), aren't you going to the cinema? Your father told me that he bought ticket for you as his gift," Aunt Mersey, our maid, reminded me while I am spacing out in front of the dining table.

My parents are busy on their works. Who said rich parents spend their luxury with their children? Well-off people don't stop digging money even if they had enough.

So about this movie ticket my father had bought, it is definitely for breaking his promise that we should hang out for their wedding anniversary. It is always like this and I'm used to it.

"I'm going. But I heard that mister Himerton is sick," I said as I placed my elbow on the table and put my chin on the back of my hand.

"Himerton has quit his job already," Aunt Mersey reminded as if I was aware of this and I forgot it. But no! I've never heard about mister resigning his work.

"What happened to mister?" I inquired and was worried.

"He said that he is too old to work so he just wanted to rest with his wife."

Finally, I can rest assure that he is doing okay. Mister Himerton was my driver since I was in kinder so basically, he watched me grew into a fine... no. I mean, into a crazy lady. He was so kind that I felt guilty whenever I tried to escape so I can play in the arcades instead of going home.

Setting aside my worries which already subsided, I dropped another question.

  "So who's gonna drive for me? Can I go by myself?"

  Aunt Mersey's aura went very rigid. She gave me cold look as she frowned her brows. "Miss (Y/n). Please don't forget the day when you tried to learn driving and almost hit Jiyi."

Jiyi is one of our dogs.

  "And also, you only have student's license. Basically, you can't drive alone and without a non-professional or professional driver on your side," Aunt Mersey continued.

I stayed quiet. If I add few words, aunt Mersey will nag at me even more.

  "Your father hired another driver. He is much younger than mister Himerton and maybe, you know him too."

Someone I know? Who?

"So you better doll yourself my dear," She said with a smile that means something.

About to ask for further information, my lips freeze the moment I saw familiar face coming towards the dining hall.

It was my first time seeing him in black suit. The view itself was priceless as if I was given a chance to visit the old Paradise.

"Good pm miss (Y/n)," Mingyu greeted me.

With widened eyes, I asked Aunt Mersey for explanation. But without pulling back her mischievous beam, she just nodded at me.

It took me seconds to grasp the biggest plot twist of my life. And now I realized why I was told to dress up.

"Starting today," Aunt Mersey introduced. "Mingyu will drive you..."

"CRAZY," I finished her sentence.

Surprised by my sudden remark, Mingyu uttered, "Eh?"

I still can't enter his world. But because of money, I can watch it up close like standing at the VIP section — the world of beauty.