#95 "Because you are great"

Dino's Pov

You are my wife.

Everyday, you woke up so early to prepare our breakfast.

"Good morning Dino," you greeted wearing the sweetest smile ever.

My work uniform was ironed well, and my co-workers  couldn't help but to get jealous of how you make my lunch box oh so great.

"Welcome home Dino," the most gentle voice that soothed me after a long hours working.

You listened to my rants, and nodded though you could not understand all of it. At the end of conversation, you'll pat my head and say, "You did a great job today." Then a cup of coffee or hot chocolate is on the way.

I always admire how you can stay calm even if I shout in frustration. There are nights  that your silent tears hummed with the cold wind, I knew you were lonely. But the way you look at me shows happiness, that I couldn't see any traces of your pain. How can you be so vulnerable?

"Thank you Dino," you never forget to say this after I gave you a gift, I praised your work or I said how pretty you are.

There are times I cried on your shoulder, then you just hug me so tight and listened to my sobs as if it was not a chatterbox but a music to your ears.

You are my wife.

As time passes by, I knew that you are the greatest woman I want to spend my whole life with.

You are my wife.

Before I close my eyes at night, I confessed to myself that I am slowly falling in love.

You are my wife. That's why... I want to end this. Because being my wife is a misery.

The more I discover how great you are, the more I fell in love, I regretted that day that we both signed that arranged marriage paper. I regretted the day when we both promised not to fall at each other. I regretted how a perfect woman like you got stuck in my life.

I love you. The secret I couldn't tell. It might be the wrong key to unlock your cage. That's why, I'll promise to keep it to myself until my last breath.

Now I am walking towards our room, dragging my feet with a divorce paper on my hand. My hands are trembling, and I am doing my best not to let this tears behind my eyes, knocking to fall down.

As I gently put this paper, I imagine my life without you; how lonely I could be, how I'll cry your name all night, how maybe I'll regret I'd set you free and how much I learned I deeply in love with you.

Big part of me wants to back out. But no! You don't deserve my selfishness! I must set you free!

I put the divorce paper with my signed above the table. But before I left, I nudge a small book and it fell on the ground. I never have an intention to open it, not until I noticed that it was not a simple book but a diary of your life.

Peeking on your thoughts was my dream.

I know this isn't right, yet I want to be selfish just for tonight, because it could be our last.

Your diary is neat, and it seemed you didn't skip writing on it. It started at the time after we got married. I've read how much nervous and scared you are in this married life. You wrote everything you've learned as  wife: how to cook, how to ironed clothes and how to take care of the plants. It's cute.

Your diary always start by "Dear Diary"  and ended with "Let's do our best tomorrow. FIGHTING!"

However, when I turned on the next page, my eyes just stuck on the new word on how you start your journal.