#145 "Pig"

My office-mate, who was on a business trip in Germany for 3 years, came back. And the first thing he said to me is, “Hi pig.”

Pig. Yup. He called me pig. I admit that I gained weight while he was gone but calling me ‘pig’ is still rude.

“Hey, I got you a souvenir,” Mingyu went to my desk, and so I leaned way back in the chair and cranked my neck hard over.  “Tsada~” he even put sounds effect while swaying a pocket size pig keychain on air. “Take care of this okie dokie?” he put it on my desk and left.

I was left dumbfounded.

Mingyu is a guy I secretly like for years. It isn’t because he’s tall, he’s tanned or he’s handsome. It is because he is a perfect ideal for being a good husband. He can cook, he is tidy and he is well-mannered. Seeing him now, I started to wonder what the hell happened to the Kim Mingyu I adored.

Have you had your lunch?” he asked when he approached me. I paused from typing on my laptop to glance upon him. “I cooked extra and I can’t finish this so have it,” he said then placed a lunchbox on my desk. “Eatwell pig,” he winked at me and left. Jaw dropped, I watched his back faded away before opening the lunchbox.

Pork?” I gasped when I saw the food he gave me.

Is he teasing me?! Damn it. Enough is enough!

I stood up and dashed on his desk. “Hey Mingyu, let’s talk,” I said, gritting my teeth.

Sure,” he nodded. As he looks at me, he straightened the stuff on his desk, making sure everything was square and properly spaced. There wasn’t much: a phone, a legal-sized lined yellow pad and a translucent Bic pen with a black top.

What’s your deal? I know I gained weight but you are being rude,” I complained.

His lips pursed. Mingyu just blinked his eyes while staring at me.

Calling me pig, giving me pig keychain and pork, are you teasing me?” I continued, but again, he remained quiet. “What? Aren’t you going to apologize?”

He avoided my gaze this time and scratched his nape. “I’m busy. Let’s talk later.”

Oh my gosh. Mingyu really changed.

I shook my head and walked out from our office. To get a breather, I bought an ice coffee in can and stayed in a balcony.

Hey, what are you searching?” a girl employee asked her friend who is also an employee of this company. I looked at them and listen in secret.

Oh, I just found this article,” her friend responded.

What article?”

“Weird ways to confess your feelings.”

“Weird ways huh. Lol. Read some.”

Haha this is really funny.” The girl forged a cough before reading the article she browsed on her phone. “In Germany, one way to confess your feelings is by giving the person you like a pig. Pig is somehow represents luck, and so, men usually give their girlfriend pork, or pig keychain during Valentine’s day.”

I accidentally dropped the ice coffee I was holding.

Oh my gosh!” girls gasped when I dropped the coffee and gave me strange looks. “A-Are you okay?” one of them asked me.

Without answering, I ran back to our office. I saw Mingyu sitting on his desk and in front of his laptop.

No way. It won’t be.’ I shook these thoughts inside my head cause I knew it is impossible yet, I decided to confront him once more. And so I brought this lunchbox he gave me and went back on his desk.

I told you I’m busy,” he said in cold tone when he saw me on his peripheral vision.

Mingyu, you pig,” I said.

He freezes for seconds before he slowly looked back. “H-Huh?”

I put his lunchbox on his desk as I opened the lid. “I’ll give you this pork,” I continued. “Do you like to have a pig keychain too? I can give you too.”

His mouth widened. "Y-You…” is all he could say. Then he blushed.

---

----

A/n: I found this fact recently and was surprised too. Anyway, hope you love it. Waiting for your comment. 😊❤