#150 "I.DI.OT" (hiphop team edition)

3 years ago, you’ve dated a man named Vernon but he broke up with you.

You’ve dated a man named Wonwoo and he broke up with you a year ago.

You’ve dated another man named Seungcheol but he broke up with you 6 months ago.

For the fourth time, you’ve dated a man named Mingyu and you two broke up 3 months ago.

After getting broken hearted for multiple times, you think that you are a person who doesn’t deserve love. And so, you decided not to be in a relationship for the rest of your life.

Time passed by.

Wonwoo, Seungcheol, Vernon and Mingyu have meet up. Actually, they are childhood friends but they were separated by each other because of some circumstances. Now that they are in their early 30’s, they meet each other again as successful grown-ups. Wonwoo became a doctor, Seungcheol owned a gasoline company, Mingyu became a prosecutor and Vernon is now a dentist.

Did you get married already?” Seungcheol asked to Wonwoo as he clinks their glass.

Wonwoo took a shot of his vodka before he answered, “No. I still can’t get over from my ex-girlfriend.”

Ohhhhh,” the three wooed.

I feel you,” Vernon nodded and drinks his beer.

You had a girlfriend before?” Mingyu inquired.

Hmmm,” Vernon looked at the blank space with a sighed. “We broke up four years ago.”

“Why?” Seungcheol drinks his tequila in one shot, then eats salt and lemon to fight the bitterness of his alcohol.

My family and I migrated in New York. Father said that we will settle there. So, thinking that we won’t be seeing each other anymore, I broke up with her. I think I was very immature that time.  I still love her though,” Vernon chuckled in sadness.

Wonwoo then tapped his shoulder, “Bruh, my situation was the worst.” The three now focused on Wonwoo. “I was diagnosed with cancer, two years ago.”

“What the hell?! Are you still sick?!” Mingyu gasped.

Wonwoo laughed. “No. This is the funniest part guys.” He pointed himself before he continued, “After knowing that I have a terminal disease, I broke up with the woman I love. I didn’t say to her that I am sick but instead, I told her that I am breaking with her because she bores me. I really… hurt her so bad.” Wonwoo sighed. “Then, after two months, the doctor told me that my diagnosed was switched with some patient who has the same name as mine. I don’t have cancer to begin with.”

With that, they all burst into a crackle laugher.

Well, my story is a little bit dramatic,” Seungcheol shared. “My ex-girlfriend is… should we say, not that well off. Mom didn’t like the idea that I am dating someone like her. She kept on tormenting my girl, and so I was forced to ended things with her. I am really disappointed with myself. If I am only strong that time, then I should fight for my love.”

That’s sound like something from a drama in TV,” Mingyu commented.

Let’s cheer for that,” Vernon offered and they clink their glass.

How about you Mingyu? Why are you still single?” Wonwoo asked.

Mingyu shook his head. “I’ve dated someone before. But…” He couldn’t continue his words because tears fell down from his eyes.

Yikes, this cry baby,” Seungcheol laughed as he tapped his back.

His story must be too painful,” Vernon commented.

Bruh, I still love her. It’s been year and three months but I just couldn’t forget her. What should I do?”

The four broken hearted men sighed over a girl they loved before and until now.

Let’s order something to eat,” Wonwoo suggested. Seungcheol raised his hand to call for a waitress. “Waiter!”

Behind their back, a waitress approached them. “Do you want  to order sir?”

They looked at her in unison and all gasped in surprise. “(y/n)!?” they shouted. They looked at each other after finding out that they called the same name upon seeing you.

When you saw your four ex-boyfriends’ face, you rolled your eyes and murmured, “how unlucky I am to meet them. But why are these idiots are all together?”

---