#16 "Status doesn't matter"

Sitting under the palm tree while looking at the sunset, oh my, this must be a real paradise.

Far from the city, my mom's nagging and from him who almost take me, this place is my hero.

Not so far away, there is a man digging sweet potatoes as if he is on a treasure hunt. It was Boo Seungkwan, a childhood friend of mine.

"Don't sit there like a queen! Come and help me!" He shouted, and left me no choice but to stood up and dragged my feet to him. "Have at least the slightest conscience, (y/n). You came here after running away from home yet always sitting pretty like a princess. Gosh, your grandma feeds a good for nothing grandchild like you."

I don't hear my mom's nagging here, but he is not much different from her. Damn.

"I know I know.  I'll help, all right?" I sulked, as I pretend to help him by touching the soil with my bare hands.

"You," he started.

"What?"

"What did you do again? Every time  you are in trouble,  you are always running away from home and ended up slacking  here. It's  been 10 years since you came here and there, back and forth. So tell me what did you do this time?"

He is right. When something happened at home, I tend to ran away and spend my days here; my hometown.

"If only my parents allow me to study in the city, I'll never come back here. You are lucky while I'll stay as a province boy," he complained.

I looked at my friend and saw his face full of dirt. He maybe looks like a farmer in his clothes and his state, but actually he is the son of the richest man in this town. They owned almost all of the farm, even the ground I am sitting at right now.

"I am getting married."

"WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?! KIMBAP BE KIDDING?! REALLY?! TO WHOM?! WHEN?!" He almost blew my ears, along with his widened eyes.

I picked up the sweet potato he harvested. "To a stranger. I don't want to get married. That's why I came here."

Seungkwan tapped my back . "YOU MADE  THE RIGHT DECISION.  DON'T EVER COME BACK HOME. STAY HERE AND AS YOUR  FRIEND, I'LL PROTECT YOU. "

Good thing Seungkwan is here. At least, there is someone on my side.

"But what if your parents pick you up? And what about your exam? You want to be a teacher right? You can't stay here forever," he questioned before drinking on his bottled water.

There was a long sigh, before I  made an unsure answer, "I don't  know. All I want  is a peace of mind.  Maybe after some time,  I can make a decision, whether  to marry him or not."

Seungkwan gave me his bottled water and I drank on it. "Then what about..."  he paused for a moment. "Marrying me?"

I sprayed the water on his face! And bursted out of laughing. "THE BEST JOKE EVER! HAHAHAHA!

Irritatedly,  he wip his face and mumbled, "And the most dirtiest thing  ever. Good job (y/n). Good job."

"I know you  are the richest guy I ever met.  But having an idea of marrying  you is so creepy!  It feels like marrying my own brother. That is so yucky. Y.U.C.K.  YUCK."

"I was joking you fool!" He yelled before hitting my head using his dear sweet potato.

"Ah! It hurts!" I winced in pain.