Chapter 7

Sidenote:

I honestly took an Attorney for a lawyer or something, so Joey is going to, basically, be portrayed as a lawyer in this section. (Just to answer any questions that may come up)

------------------------------------

Yugi drove up to his apartment complex a few blocks down the road from the hospital and pulled in. He got out and sighed happily, the familiar atmosphere and friendly surroundings calming him and almost bidding him congratulations on the new job.

He sighed happily and made his way into his apartment, passing through the lobby and taking out his room key as he entered the elevator to his floor.

He slightly smiled when his room came into view and looked in his little mail box on the wall beside his door where a few letters could be seen inside the clear plastic. Yugi had almost forgot what day it was with all the commotion going on.

Every week, on this day, he and his friends would write letters and mail them in for Wednesday. Yugi lived fairly close to two: Tristan and Tea. They would see each other every now and again.

But the other two were never around.

Joey had moved to Brooklyn where he was a very profitable Attorney (as mentioned before). Ryou also was never around either. He was always traveling to foreign countries and exploring the world. Every once and a while, he would invite Yugi, Tea, Tristan, and Joey on a trip that would roughly last 2 weeks.

Yugi enjoyed those.

But he also enjoyed reading about his adventures and about Joey's newest case of a crime or something. Tea usually wrote about her classes and fellow teachers and Tristan mostly wrote about his career as well. He seemed to be very successful. Yugi found it hard to go somewhere and find people who didn't know who "The Taylor Saver" was.

Yugi took the letters along with the other things in the mailbox out and went into his room, putting down his things and hanging up his new coats. He then sat down, taking out the letters and seeing the first one from Joey!

This one was gonna be a trip!

He opened the envelope and read quietly to himself the following message:

'Hey, Yugi!

What's up, little dude? You were pretty much chattering a lot about that entrance exam in your last letter. You did it yet? If so, how did it go? Did you get accepted? Okay, okay, I know. I'm asking a lot of questions. But hey! I care about my best buddy!

As for me, business is booming. Brooklyn has had one of the biggest crime cases the city has ever seen and guess who was pulled in to justify?

Yep! Yours truly.

And not only that, but I also have to justify the criminal himself. And I honestly have no idea how that one is gonna go down for me, but hey! They trust me, so just you watch, little buddy, I'ma win this one just like all my other cases!!

Your best buddy,

Joey Wheeler'

Yugi slightly smiled and set the letter down. Joey was a very successful man, but that was to be expected. All the fights he had with Kaiba had taught him a very big range of comebacks and language to persuade very easily.

Yugi set that one aside next to a pen and paper and opened the next envelope, this time, address to him from Ryou!

The message went a little something like this:

'Dear Yugi,

Guten Tag, Yugi! That's German for hello! And yes! As you can see, my travels have currently brought me to the country of Germany in which I will stay for the next few weeks due to a business affair with a few college friends.

But how are things back in Japan? How was that exam of yours? I'll bet it was an easy one to pass. You are very smart after all! I sometimes wonder about Tea and Tristan. Joey and I exchange letters all the time. But sometimes, I'm not able to get to Tea and Tristan's letters, I'm so busy!

But that's to be expected from a traveler and a translator!

So then: Until next letter,

Ryou Bakura'

Yugi set that one aside and looked at his balcony window. It wasn't everyday that you would me someone on the street who travels all over word and can speak multiple languages like Ryou. Sometimes, and Yugi wasn't afraid to admit it, he would find himself envious of Ryou and his travels.

He went everywhere and met so many people. He was able to see so much more than Yugi would ever be able to. Of course, sometimes Ryou would write to Yugi that he was longing to be back home and to see them again, but his job demanded more.

Yugi still wrote to him either way.

Yugi read through the next two notes, Tea and Tristan being the last ones. They were really just friendly updates. They saw each other on the street and they would stop and speak, so it wasn't like Yugi missed out on a whole lot.

Yugi slightly smiled after completing Tristan's letter and reached for his pen and papers, starting with a letter to Joey.

He had a lot to talk to them about.