Chapter 37

A week later, the hospital was bustling. Yugi walked in on a busy hall that stretched from the door he had only just entered less than a second ago. There were doctors walking in and out of patient rooms with clipboards under their arms and their pure white coats flowing beind them with every step they took down the hall.

Yugi couldn't help but smile. Today wasn't just a normal day for him. It was Yami's birthday. And Yugi had a huge surprise for him as a present. He knew Yami was going to love it. It was undeniable that he was going to.

Yugi made his way over to the front desk, where Mana had just gotten off the phone with a doctor, just like usual. She looked at him and greeted the new arrival with a grin.

"Hello, Yugi!" She smiled brightly, "What may your business be today? How may I help you?"

Yugi giggled at her slightly.

"How about helping me skip this work day?" He laughed, "It is gonna be a long day for me, but a short one for Yami.

"Yami's gonna have a short one?" Mana tilted her head at the sound of this, "But why?"

Yugi pulled out a slab of paper and showed it to her. Mana's eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she looked on. The paper that Yugi held wasn't just any paper. It was a ticket to a concert. And not just any concert either. It was a Team Satisfaction concert!

Team Satisfaction was Yami's favorite musical band! And also her own!

"Lemme see that!!" She anxiously, but gently grabbed it from him, awed of what he was able to get, "I heard these sold out within a day since the boxes opened! How did you....How did you get this?? Oh my gosh, he is so lucky!!"

Yugi shrugged, slightly grinning.

"Well, I heard about it on my way home from here a couple days back." Yugi told her, "I couldn't just wait because I wanted to give Yami the best present I could just like he did for me!"

Mana looked up at him and smiled. She could just tell that he loved Yami and she knew for sure that Yami loved him. It wasn't hard to tell, either. Just looking into what they did together and what the relationship between them was was amazing for her.

She wished that she and Mahad had the same thing.

"Well, Yami is EXTREMELY lucky. He really has no idea how jealous I am!" Mana said, laughing at her comment and also causing Yugi to giggle as well.

"Mana? Yugi? You know how I feels about you guys socializing instead of actually working." A third voice joined in on the conversation as a tall man with long hair joined them.

Mana playfully rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Mahad! We're just talking!" Mana smiled, "And guess what Yugi got Yami for his birthday?"

Mahad looked over at Yugi, who hid the ticket in his pocket while Mahad was playfully scolding Mana for talking on the job. Mahad raised an eyebrow and walked around the desk and looked at him, a slight smile spreading on his face.

"Well, lover boy?" Mahad asked, chuckling, "What is your present?"

Hearing the term "Lover Boy" made Yugi go red. He had forgotten that Yami had told them about the relationship jumpstart on his very own birthday. He grinned, still holding the ticket in his pocket. He shrugged, not saying a word.

"Well...it isn't much." He insisted finally, getting an objection from Mana right after he made that comment.

"Not much??" She crossed her arms, slightly grinning, "Yugi, just show Mahad what you got Yami! I know that Mahad is gonna make the decision if it is 'nothing much' or 'just enough' or 'more than enough'. Just show him!"