Chapter 22

Sidenote:

The part halfway into the chapter is a transition between reality and Yami's dream. I hope this may answer any questions that may arise as you read.

---------------------------------------------

"Y-Yami!! Please! G-Get up!! Open your eyes!!"

Yugi shook the unconscious Yami in his arms, scared half to death. It had already been 5 minutes and Yami hadn't come back. Yugi lay him down on the floor and looked back, his eyes falling on a team that ran toward the room.

The one at the head of them looked back and pointed to his right.

"Seizure!! Cease an OR for him stat! We don't know how much time we have!!"

Two nurses, upon hearing their orders, turned from the group and ran in the direction he pointed, going down the hall of ORs in order to find an empty one.

Yugi still gripped Yami's hand as they entered and got to him. The captain crouched beside Yugi.

"What happened?" He asked Yugi, obviously knowing what he was doing.

Yugi looked at him.

"Seizure...with head pains to start it, and chest pains to escalade it." He said, looking down.

The doctor patted his back and stood.

"Seizure Stage 2!" He called to the team, "Get the gurney! We need to get him to an OR as fast as we can!"

The team obeyed him and brought Yami out on a gurney that was brought by the two nurses who had separated from them before. Yugi obediently followed, grasping Yami's hand and not letting go. He ran in sync with the doctors, at the same pace and speed and alongside the gurney.

"Yami...come on...I beg you...St-Stay strong..."

They got into the surgery and the team filed around Yami, each one of them doing their jobs like the good doctors they were supposed to be. Yugi stood beside them, taking notes of their actions since he was an apprentice training.

He stood and put Yami's hand gently down, for he felt that he could help and it would also help a him as well as Yami.

And so he began, the prayers for his Mou Hitori not stopping. He trusted the lessons he was taught by Yami himself and it helped.

Soon, the monitor was set up with his heart rate being counted each minute and hour with a rhythmic beat to it. His IV was up and he was connected, prepared completely for the next couple of hours in surgery.

And Yugi was going to remain right there.

-------

Yami stood in a bedroom that was a small fit for a man his size, but the perfect size for a couple adolescents. On one side of the room, there was a twin bunk bed beside a nightstand with a lamp and a pair of books, one on top of the other, underneath the lamp.

The beds were unmade, signaling that two young people had just been sleeping there and has only just jumped out, probably in a rush by the looks of it.

On the other side of the room sat a desk and a chest of drawers. The desk was scattered with books, notebooks, and journals, with pens and pence lying around. The chest of drawers displayed photos and posters, many pictures of which were photos of two boys.

Two boys whom Yami couldn't quite make out.

It seemed like a normal night in a normal room.

But something inside told Yami that tonight was quite the opposite of normal.

There was a feeling he had that sent chills up his spine and back down again, thrilling him.

And not in a very good way.

He looked to the pull back closet doors in between the chest of drawers and the desk and the Bunk Bed. From behind those doors, he could hear the faint noise of chattering teeth. Probably from fright.

Down the hall, there was a staircase. Down the staircase, there was a kitchen. In the kitchen, three voice boomed, two being feminine voices and the third being a rough, tough, and deep male voice.

"YOU AREN'T A PART OF THIS FAMILY!!"

"NOT ANYMORE!!"

The two feminine voices shouted. The male voice only joined in, overpowering them in volume.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" He demanded.

"YOU! YOU AND YOUR THIRST FOR BLOODSHED HAPPENED!!" The first feminine voice returned forcefully.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK WE WOULDN'T HAVE FIGURED OUT WHO KILLED THE NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR?!"

"THAT 'BUSINESS TRIP' WAS NOTHING BUT A KILLING SPREE!!"

The feminine voice combined into a bellow that shook the entire house and finally overpowered the male's voice completely.

"YOU'RE NOT HUMAN."

They paused, glares in their voices.

"YOU'RE A DEMON."

Yami's eyes widened. He had heard this exact conversation before...many years before. And he continued to listen to what he could.

A silence swept over the house for a brief several moments. The chattering in the closet continued in the silence.

"You know what?"

A sudden click could be heard followed by screams.

"YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT. LET'S GO BLAME THE FATHER FOR SOMETHING SO EXTREME JUST BECAUSE HE LEFT AND CAME BACK AT TWO..."

A gunshot could be heard and a loud scream could be heard and a thud followed.

"MOM!!"

The male voice got louder.

"SAME!"

Another gunshot.

"NO!!"

The male voice only got louder.

"TIME!!!"

A third gunshot and sobbing filled the silence that overtook the entire house. Yami could suddenly see everything. He saw a young girl kneeling at a young woman's side and crying into her hands, shaking her head.

It was his step mother...

And his step sister...

His step mother had a gaping hole in between her eyes and another exit hole through her chin. Her chest had been shot with a large hole in the middle and no exit hole. And another a little lower than it, and in the abdomen area.

His step sister looked back at the man and glared through her tears, struggling to make them cease. The man only smirked and pulled a rope out.

His sister ran, a couple plates in the kitchen smashing until he pursued her and forced her into a corner, where she couldn't run any more.

He tied the rope into a loop, stalking slowly toward her. Her feet scraped against the floor as she pressed up against the corner she couldn't escape, looking up at him, a pleading look on her face.

Suddenly, in one swift motion, he whipped the rope over her head and around her neck, tightening it and strangling all the air out of her. She grabbed for the rope in a fruitless attempt to breath, her face going purple and the man not being affected at all by her suffering.

She fell to her knees and keeled over, lying at the man's feet, limp and dead. Yami gasped.

Yami saw what they meant.

This man...he wasn't a man.

He was a KILLER DEMON.

And what was WORSE...

This was his STEP FATHER.