Chapter 64

Yugi curled in a ball in the chair of his office, the tears from before not ceasing. He began to question everything now. He began to question everything, including the life after Yami passed on or came back.

If he would still remember Yugi...

If he would be good as new...

If Yami would regain full consciousness...

If Yami would love him despite everything he had done.

Yugi bit his shaking bottom lip, trembling with the movements. He didn't deserve to hear that deep, beautiful baritone voice again. He didn't deserve to feel those muscular arms around him. He didn't deserve to hear that pleasuring laughter and those jokes. He didn't deserve to see those Crimson eyes gazing lovingly upon him.

He didn't deserve any of it.

Yugi sobbed.

He couldn't bring himself to ask for forgiveness for 2 reasons:

Yami was unconscious and probably wouldn't hear, apparently.

And what he did was absolutely unforgivable.

"Y-Yami..." He whimpered, "I-I...I hope you...are in no pain...where y-you may be..."

-------

"AAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!"

The pain worsened.

A young male was on his hands and knees, the tears streaming down his cheeks from the pain that only seemed to worsen. The pictures he saw were all mumble jumble, a shock wave piercing his head and his screams heard through the silence.

Why had he just been with his family...

And now he's back in this lonely desolate place.

He clutches several cuts that came from the pains. I know, usually it's the other way around, but this was correct. The young man whimpered and screamed a shrill cry through the darkness. Now, he was growing extremely desperate for one thing:

Death to just come and take him into its comforting grasp.

"H-Help..." He whimpered, falling flat on the ground, his arms and legs giving out, and he cried, the pain only getting worse and worse.

His breathing was haggard and his chest heaved, the pains seeming to have a source there of all places. He stared to his right, his left cheek being smushed into the floor, and his eyes not focusing properly from the tears.

"H-Help..." He whimpered, his voice cracking, "Ple-AAAAAGH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!"

He couldn't move anymore. The pain was so intense. It was so real. He was so could. He was so alone and abandoned. He had no one to help him in this darkness. Why was he even trying?

"I...can take this..." He whispered to himself, spotting a happy dagger a little ways away.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of warm arms wrap around him, feathers pressing against his back and sides in a tight and gentle embrace. He could hear quiet sobbing, but it wasn't his. He looked up weakly, his breathing slightly stabled, but still uneasy and shallow.

A light toned voice shushed him, resting a hand on the back of his head and shaking slightly. The man sighed, his body limp in the arms of his newcomer.

"Y-Yami..." The voice whispered in a gentle and caring tone that was one to make someone feel better even in the harshest of realities.

Yami, the man's, heart melted when he heard that voice. He began to cry silently upon the sound of this voice, crying into the hollow of this angel's neck. He weakly clutched the Guardian practically as if he was a lifeline.