Chapter 15

Sidenote: This takes place the next day, which is also Yugi's day off because Yami is also off. Hope this answers questions.

----------------------------------------------

The morning sun rose in the sky, its light going through a certain someone's window. The curtains were drawn and most of the light was shut out except a little that peaked through the tiny spaces between the curtains.

It caught the eyes of a young man that slept, at a time longer than usual. He shifted, turning from the light.

"5 more minutes..." He muttered.

Suddenly, his phone rang. The young man jumped from his sleep and turned, a little startled. He rubbed his eyes, the phone continuing to ring.

"Okay, Okay. I got it! I got it!" He said, yawning.

He reached for the phone, trying to wake himself up the best he could.

"H-Hello...Moto apartment, Yugi speaking..." He said into the phone, a little groggily.

Yugi put the phone on speaker, standing and stretching as the person on the other line replied to his greeting.

"Yugi? Hey, it me, Yami." The other person said.

Yugi paused and eyed his phone, uncertainly.

"Yami?" He tilted his head, sitting back down at his desk and taking his phone with him, "How did you get my number?"

"You know." He returned, "From your tests and all."

Yugi nodded, then understanding and propping his head up on his hand.

"Oh yeah..." He said, "I keep forgetting how you have all that access to all the papers...heh heh!"

Yami nodded and went silent for a moment, Yugi's eyes falling closed again. He suddenly started lightly snoring, but woke himself up as soon as he halfway heard himself.

"Who is it??" He unconsciously said once more, his hand slamming down on the desk with a bang, "Ow..."

Yami chuckled over the phone.

"Still me. You okay in there?" He asked, "Sorry if I woke you up."

"N-No!" Yugi yawned again, "I...I've been up for HOURS!"

Yami chuckled again on the other line and Yugi looked down at the phone, seeing Yami's called ID.

"So, why did you call me this morning?" He asked him.

"Well, I have A LOT of leftovers from a meal I had a while back with a few colleagues of mine..." Yami answered back, "And I also just recently got a new pool if you wanted to join me for some dinner tonight?"

Yugi suddenly froze. He had always sorta guessed that He had feelings for the guy, but had never entirely been sure. There was something about him. Something that...set him apart from other guys Yugi knew. Almost like, he was who He was looking for...

He was who Yugi wanted.

But he was too afraid to admit it to himself.

What if, when he did ask if Yami cared, he got a hollow answer? A shrug of the shoulders? A...

No?

He suddenly was jerked from his thoughts when he realized that his phone was still on speaker and Yami was waiting for an answer.

"Oh! Uh..." Yugi looked back down at the phone, "What time do you think would be good for you?"

"Whatever time is good for you!" Yami chuckled, "I am not having anyone else over, I don't have any plans...you could come now if you want!"

Yugi slightly grinned and pulled out a pen and note pad.

"Alright, well I might be there for 6 tonight...what's your address?" Yugi asked once more.

"Well, 150 Heather Lane 7498." Yami recited right off the bat, "That big house on the corner."

Yugi suddenly stopped midway in his writing. He looked back at the phone from the pad and smirked.

"So your the one with the really nice estate a few blocks down!" Yugi laughed, "Everyone in this apartment complex has brought you up at one point or another about how much they want that house!"

Yami's hearty laughter rang through the phone. "Really?" He asked between laughs, "Then I guess you don't need to know the address anymore, huh?"

Yugi put the pad away, his laughter fading.

"Guess not! Well, I'll be there for 6!" Yugi chuckled, "See you then! I'll come with my swim suit!"

"Good!" Yami acknowledged, "See ya then!"

And with that, they both hung up. Yugi leaned back in his desk chair and sighed, rubbing the rest of the sleep from his eyes. Before today, he was doubtful. But now, he saw a slight glimmer of hope.

--Later that night--

Yugi made his way from his apartment complex to the large estate house nearby. He had his swim suit on underneath his clothes and he had an extra towel in case he needed it. He walked up to the large door up front and rang the doorbell.

"Coming!!" A voice that was too familiar to mistake sounded from inside the house.

The door opened a crack, a crimson eye showing through the slight opening.

"Is this my long awaited guest who FINALLY showed up after making me wait FOREVER??" The man who answered giggled.

"Yami, let me in." Yugi playfully rolled his eyes, "I'll let you know that I got here 5 minutes early, okay?"

Yami playfully scoffed.

"My clock says different..." He teased, still not opening the door more.

"Yami, come on!" Yugi tilted his head, slightly smirking.

"Okay, fine!!" Yami opened it and pulled him in without a second though, "Come here, you!"

He and Yugi laughed as the door closed. Yugi looked around, his jaw dropping once he saw the interior of the house that Yami had lived in.

"Whoa..." He stared at the marble floors that reflected his face and the amazing architecture that surrounded him, "This is...amazing!"

"Well the money all had to go somewhere!" Yami chuckled, "Say, you want to skip the tour and to get to the fun part before it gets too late?"

Yugi tilted his head, suddenly forgetting about the swimming.

"Fun part?" He repeated.

"Of course!" Yami put his hands on his hips and nodded, "You did want to go swimming, right?"

Yugi suddenly remembered about it again. The house itself was enough to make him forget, but once he heard about swimming again, he jumped up and grabbed Yami's hand, running for the back door.

"Of course!" He laughed with Yami, who followed close behind him.