Chapter 29

Yugi dashed down the halls in Yami's direction, leaving the two doctors behind. He beamed and made his way quickly and excitedly.

"YAMIIIIIII!!!!" He squealed, his smile not fading a slight bit.

Yami turned, his eyes wide until he locked gazes with Yugi. He raised an eyebrow and his mouth curved up in a slight smile upon seeing the large grin on his face. He watched as Yugi got closer and closer.

When it seemed like he couldn't wait any longer, he ran at him, holding his arms out and having a pretty good idea with what had happened upon realizing who the doctors Yugi talked to were.

Yugi rammed into him a little harder than expected and they both fell, laughing. They say there for a while, out of breath and laughing all the same. Yugi grinned and looked at Yami, whose laughter faded and whose gaze locked with Yugi's once more.

"Yami..." His breathing returned to normal, "You're finally out!!!"

Yami nodded and nuzzled Yugi.

"And you, my friend are finally a surgeon!" He grinned.

Yugi gasped and pulled back slightly, his arms still around Yami.

"How did you know??" He asked, playfully awed at his psychic powers.

Yami laughed.

"I had a pretty good feeling when I saw how you almost tackled the high doctors over there." He chuckled, "I new you could do it, Yugi."

Yugi slightly blushed and looked down. Yami brought him closer and held him tightly in a hug, the both of them going slightly red.

"Thank you..." Yugi rested his chin on Yami's shoulder, hugging him back, "But you were the one to mentor me."

Yami chuckled, "Eh. I have my moments."

Yugi giggled upon hearing this. He grinned and looked at him. Yami seemed to have a question on his mind.

"Say Yugi..." He began, a thoughtful look on his face, "..isn't your birthday..."

"In two days?" Yugi finished the sentence for Yami, "Yeah! How did you know?"

"I have the knowledge of the gods!!!!!" Yami joked with Yugi, making Yugi laugh once more, "But really, I have the papers that give every bit of information that I need to know about you."

"Oh really now?" Yugi tilted his head teasingly, grinning just as he had been.

"Yes, really now! And this calls for a celebration." Yami stated flat out a simple for Yugi, "We are going to do something tomorrow to celebrate your promotion and your birthday."

"N-no..." Yugi shook his head upon hearing this, "You really don't have to..."

Yami nodded, insisting on his decision and not letting Yugi say no to it.

"Come on, Aibou." Yami said, looking at him sincerely, "You just got promoted to being a full time doctor and surgeon and your birthday is in a couple days!"

Yugi listened to him, not making eye contact at all.

"But you don't have to make such a fuss out of this..." Yugi insisted.

Yami shook his head.

"We are going to celebrate." He repeated, "I promise. Now...is there any place you would like to go to celebrate your birthday?"

Yugi looked up at him, his eyes wide with hope.

"Do you remember a place called..." He looked back down, "The Kame Game Shop?"

Yami tilted his head slightly, not all that familiar with the name of this place. He shook his head and Yugi slightly giggled.

"Figures..." He grinned slightly, "It was both my childhood home and where my part time job was...I lived and worked there with my grandfather...before he died a couple years back..."

Yugi went silent for a moment, sadness building up inside, but he was able to lock the sadness and tears away for another time.

"I have a lot of memories there, but it's been almost more than a decade since I was last there..." He asked him, "Please?"

Yami looked at him for a moment, at first trying to figure out where this shop was, but suddenly realizing that Yugi might have known where it was.

He nodded.

"Of course we can." He reassured him, Yugi grabbing him in a grateful Huh again upon receiving the answer from Yami, "I promise you that."