Chapter 46

Yugi sat in a chair in the room connecting to the surgery room, his arm out in front of him and his arm's vein exposed. His heart raced because of several personal reasons. One of which was the fear sharp needles.

He was donating 2 pints of blood...for Yami.

But was he even going to survive?

Was it all going to be for naught?

All these questions billowed in Yugi's mind. He was more worried than he had ever been before. He didn't know if he was going to die from this donation or not. He didn't know if it was gonna work.

Ra forbid it didn't.

The surgeon from before entered the room with the needle that was connected to a little thin tube that led to a pint bag. He stood in front of Yugi, sighing.

"You are doing a risky thing, Mr. Moto. You sure you want to go through with this?" He asked, eyeing him one last time.

"Y-Yes." He replied almost instantly, "A-Anything...I just want Yami to be okay..."

The doctor smiled understandingly and set the things he held down. He reached for a mask and placed it on Yugi's face.

"This is so you won't feel anything." He said, Yugi suddenly growing drowsy upon breathing the sleeping gases that they filtered in.

Yugi could hardly get a single word out before his eyelids fell closed and he fell asleep.

-------dream-------

Yugi found himself outside. He was by that lake that Yami had taken him to that one night. It was still just as beautiful, and there was a feeling that Yugi got from it. He didn't know what it was.

He glanced around and suddenly found a figure who walked along the lake's edge. He seemed to look down at the ground when he walked.

And he looked up at Yugi.

Yugi looked at him, looking into the eyes of Yami.

"Y-Yami?" Yugi gasped.

Yami sadly smiled.

"Yugi..." He said, holding out his arms and Yugi happily joining him in a hug.

Yugi felt tears fall down his face. It had been forever since seeing him back up and about...in reality or in a dream. He longed to hold Yami like this again.

To just hold him.

Forever.

But Yami seemed stressed and also happy at the same time. He looked down at Yugi with a sadness that Yugi couldn't let go unnoticed.

"...Yugi..." He said, holding Yugi closer, "I...I...I have to go...my...f-family is waiting..."

Yugi paled and looked up at him, his eyes widening.

"Y-Yami..?!" He gasped, his eyes watering as he clutched him, "Y-Y-You...you c-can't m-m-mean..."

Yami sadly nodded, suddenly overwhelmed with sadness. He took Yugi's face in his hands and and Yugi gripped his wrists, his eyes gleaming with the tears that brimmed from his eyes.

"I-I....I don't want to go...." He muttered, looking into Yugi's heartbroken eyes.

Yami sniffed and held him tighter, trying his best not to cry in front of Yugi.

"B-But...there has to be...s-something that can....b-be....done..." Yugi's voice faded to a whisper as his voice began to crack with the sobs that ached to be let free.

Yami shook his head, only holding him closer.

"I-I...It hurts....my b-body is too weak..." Yami whimpered into Yugi's hair, resting one hand on the back of Yugi's head.

Yugi shook his head, his tears finally falling.

"P-Please, Yami...." He whispered in return, his tears not stopping, "I-I'm b-b-begging you....p-please...!"

Yami went silent as he began to disappear to light, Yugi struggling to grab what he could in order to hold Yami only a little bit longer.

He cried harder than before and he fell to his knees, bursting into tears.

He screamed in sorrow, begging for Yami to return, and cursing the day of this wretched accident.

Why him??????

-------

Yugi jerked himself awake, his face tear soaked and his arm bandaged up. His skin was slightly pale, but Yugi assumed that it was from the blood he donated.

Wait.

HOW WAS YAMI?!

Yugi paled as he jumped out of bed, fearing the worst. He prayed that what he saw in his dream didn't actually happen.

He sprinted down the halls, keeping an eye out for Yami's room number and he panted, feeling light headed, but not stopping.

Finally, he reached the room.

"Y-Yami!!!" He breathed desperately to the door as he gripped the handle.

He stepped inside, and to his relief, he saw Yami.

He fell to his knees and grabbed Yami's limp hand in his own, kissing it over and over. He caressed it thankfully and reached out for the other, which had been newly wrapped.

"Y-Yami..." He breathed, "P-Please....just live....I'm begging you...on my knees....I....Yami...I l-love you...I don't know what I'll do if I lose you...I'll have nothing..."

He looked up at Yami, hearing a slight "fssssh" and "wooooosh" of a new respirator.

...Yami was on another life support.

Yugi almost burst into tears.