Chapter 35

It didn't take long for Yugi's day to be over. He walked out of the emergency room after a surprise emergency operation on a sudden suicide patient. The surgery had sent Yugi spinning. He had never dealt with such a case.

But the surgery went well even though the odds were all totally against it. He sent the patient off to an Operation Room to where she could get the right treatment.

He rubbed his temples and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Now...off to home..." He sighed, a little bit relieved that all of this was over.

He walked down the hallway and looked back, his eyes falling on the front desk. Mahad and Mana sat talking to each other and laughing. And Yugi hadn't noticed it at first, but it seemed like they were both...

blushing!

Yugi grinned and chuckled. He then saw Yami walk up to them and hand Mahad a small handheld ring box. He muttered something into Mahad's ear and Mahad quickly pocketed the object.

His jaw dropped and he looked at Yami, smiling. Yami only grinned and held a finger up to his lips. Mahad laughed and rubbed Yami's hair, messing it up in a playful way. Mana laughed and almost screamed.

Yami was obviously planning something that he was not going to let Yugi in on anytime soon. Yugi walked out the doors, slightly amused from the scene that had just played out in front of him.

Yugi got into his car that sat a little ways from the front door and sat for a couple seconds, trying to figure out how he was going to return the favor of helping Yami celebrate his birthday.

He considered taking Yami somewhere, but he realized that he worked on Yami's birthday whether he liked it or not. Yugi sighed, deep in thought.

There had to be something he could do...

Yugi decided to turn up the radio and to roll out of the parking lot. It wasn't gonna be long before Yami came out and if he saw Yugi's car still in the parking lot, Yami was, of course, gonna come up to it.

And Yugi wanted to be a little bit away from Yami so that he could think about what he was gonna do for Yami's birthday.

He wanted it to be special.

So, he turned on the radio and found that it was still on the news channel, his usual morning channel that he always listened to. He sighed and reached for it, wanting to change it to something else. But then, he was stopped by an interesting report being done at the moment.

"Now in other news, we bring to you some very good and exciting news for all you young rock and roll fans!" The newsperson announced, "If you know the song 'Luna', or 'Pretty Fly For A White Guy', you probably know of Team Satisfaction!"

Yugi froze and sat back in his seat, driving along with both hands on the steering wheel as the report played on. He was suddenly very interested by what they might have had to say!

"Team Satisfaction is a very popular boy band that had disappeared from the press for quite a while, but is now back and are on tour for the first time in months!" The reporter said, "They will be traveling worldwide and will be visiting every country on their tour, so go onto our news website to get the dates and the locations! Who knows? They might just be coming to your town!"

Yugi grinned at the sound of this news report. It was exactly what he wanted to hear at a time like this. Yugi had enough money, and he knew that Yami was going to love the present as much as he loved the band itself~!!

The thought made Yugi grin wider. Yami loved this band. He could only imagine how much Yami would like this gift.

---

As soon as he got home, he went onto the computer and went onto the news website and looked at the Dates, Locations, and Times of the concerts. He went down the long list of states, cities, and countries until he finally found it:

Domino City - September 27 - Neon Dome - 7:00

Yugi smiled and clicked on it, pulling up all the seats he could choose from for his boyfriend to sit in. He wanted Yami to be close to the stage, but not too close and he wanted Yami to have a good view of the band, so he eliminated the idea of putting Yami in a balcony seat.

He sat at the computer screen thinking for a while. Man, when it comes to getting the perfect present for the person you love, things get really hard.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of debating with himself on what seat would suit Yami the most, he finally figured out the one. He chose a seat that was more to the middle front section. Yami would have a good close up but at the same time, would have a good general view.

"There we go." Yugi muttered and bought the ticket, the printer next to his computer printing it all out, "Hope Yami really likes it...that is quite literally 300 yen out of my pocket..."

Yugi grinned as he looked at the ticket. The show was next week on Yami's birthday and Yugi couldn't wait to give it to him soon. He couldn't wait to see Mou Hitori's reaction to such a gift!

He hoped it was good enough.

Pocketing the ticket and turning off the computer, he walking to his room, getting ready for a nice long and peaceful sleep after the long and rough work day he had.

"Alright, Yami. I have everything I think will satisfy you." He said to himself with a slight chuckle, "I hope this on is enough for you."

Suddenly, he got a pain in his head and he fell onto his bed, slightly wincing as he clutched his head in his hands.

"O-ow..." He muttered, squeezing his eyes closed.

Suddenly, his head went numb and he got really sleepy as a wave of drowsiness smothered him unexpectedly and he fell to sleep.