Chapter 34

A couple months passed by and Yugi entered the middle of his first year as being a full time surgeon and he found it fun, interesting, scary, and sometimes frightening. But he found it quite enjoyable! Even though he didn't have a lot more free time, Yami would still visit on occasion and Yugi would always run into him during lunch since they are at the same time.

This day wasn't all that much different. Yugi had a full day and wasn't going to get out for another couple hours, but he hasn't seen Yami all day. He decided to take a break for about 10 minutes in between appointments to go see if Yami was still around.

It didn't take him long to navigate through the hospital that was now almost like a second house to him. He knew where every single Emergency room was and where Every single conference room and lounge was. He and Yami walked through it enough times in order for Yugi to be able to draw a map of it to put in the brochure.

He finally arrived at Yami's office and knocked on the door. He could hear music playing softly in the room and could hear Yami scribbling along doing his work. Yugi knocked on the door and was greeted by Yami going "Huh?".

He giggled.

"It's me, Yami!" Yugi grinned, "Could I come in to your office?"

Yami turned off the music and stood up, chuckling.

"Well gee...I don't think I know of a...'me'..." Yami leaned on the inside of the door, his arms crossed a grin on his face, "I'm gonna need a little more identification than that! You could be a terrorist!"

Yugi playfully rolled his eyes and joked.

"Aw man!! You figured it out!!" He laughed, making Yami laugh as well, "I can't believe it!! And I had it hidden so well! Guess I'll have to put this bomb away!"

Yami's laughter could be heard right on the inside. Yugi finally got Yami to open the door and once Yami got him in, he pulled him into a hug.

"What does me the pleasure of being able to see my Aibou again, huh?" He asked, "I'm sorry for not being around much today...my papers were in piles and I had to get them all done...''

Yugi swatted the air around his face and grinned.

"Nah, its okay! I was sorta just wondering what you were doing since I hadn't seen you!" He said, "But now that I am seeing you...well, everything is better!"

Yami smiled back. Well, what have I missed in Aibou's world? Yugi giggled and shrugged slightly.

"Not much..." He said, "I heard you singing outside of you door. You have a BEAUTIFUL voice!"

Yami laughed.

"That is just the magic of rock and roll for you!" Yami beamed playfully, "Nothing like that to brighten anyone's mood!"

Yugi agreed. He used to love to listen to band music to wake himself up and get ready and set for the day and to put some taste into his work. After medical school however, he never really found the time to listen to it.

"Well, what were you listening to?" Yugi questioned him, sitting in the chair that he first sat in when he came to take the entrance exam, "Sounded pretty techie!"

Yami laughed.

"Didn't it? I love that song!" Yami grinned, "It is called Luna and was one of the band's first big hits."

Yugi remembered the melody and the lyrics, but the band was somewhat foreign to him. He looked at Yami and tilted his head.

"Who was it by?" Yugi asked.

"Team Satisfaction! Only one of the best!" Yami replied proudly, "At least, to me. I grew up listening to them! And they still don't fail to amaze me at all that they do!"

Yugi smiled. That was the name that he couldn't remember. He could remember hearing that name for the first time ever years ago and the first thing that came to mind was:

'That has to be the gayest band name ever...oh wait. Second to maybe ColdPlay.'

But once he started listening to their music, he turned out really liking it! The first song he had ever heard from them was called Luna.

And that was the very song that Yami played.

Yami cranked up the music and pretended to drum to the drums that played in the beginning before a techno beat took the place of it. Yugi and him looked at each other and grinned, singing the lyrics like little kids who were just having fun.

Yami jumped up and pretended to sing into a microphone. Yugi laughed at him, still singing happily with him.

Yami began to pretend to play the keyboard and Yugi cheered him on, both of them laughing at each other.

Yugi then started playing the guitar with Yami, pressing his back at Yami's own back. They both nodded their heads as they played the imaginary instruments.

With the last verse, Yami started dancing with Yugi, the two of them laughing and having a good time. When the song was finally over, the two of them fell to the ground with a light thump, laughing at each other.

"Ya know..." Yugi said once the laughter finally faded over, "When is your birthday? I wanted to do something with you like you did with me!"

Yami looked at him and shrugged.

"In about a week..." He said, "No big deal. But I really appreciate the offer!"

Yugi grinned and hugged him, knowing that he had to leave because his break was drawing to a close.

"Don't mention it, Yami!" Yugi grinned, "I gotta go! I had fun!!"

Yami smiled back.

"Me too!! Come back at any time for another concert!!" Yami laughed.

"I will!" Yugi giggled.