Chapter 32

Yugi and Yami remained in each other's arms, the storm clouds completely consuming the sky over them. Neither of them cared, however and Yami and Yugi held each other closer still.

Yami sat up, taking Yugi with him and Yugi giggled as he realized how red he was going. Yami was also growing a deep shade of crimson, and struggled to hide it from his new boyfriend.

Suddenly, they were covered with raindrops as the storm clouds burst. Yugi jumped and pelted for the cover over the back porch. He held his hands over his head and pressed against the wall, safely under the awning of the porch. Yami sat on the trampoline, laughing as he allowed the drops to fall still.

He looked at Yugi, his eyes smiling in a jolly way.

"Yugi, why did you do that??" He chuckled, jumping on the trampoline again.

Yugi shook his head back and forth.

"I don't like rain!!" He returned, brushing a slightly damp piece of hair from his face.

Yami scoffed playfully, jumping off of the trampoline and accidentally falling into a puddle of mud and dirtying himself. He laughed and hopped right back up, the laughter passing on to Yugi.

"Come on, don't you know??" Yami ran up to Yugi, dripping with rain drops, "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass! It's about learning to dance in the rain!!"

Yami pulled him back out of the awning, Yugi shaking his head in protests. Yami laughed, watching as Yugi got as wet as he was.

"Y-Yami!!" Yugi looked up at him.

"What??" Yami shrugged, a wide grin on his face, "Dance with me!!"

Yami gripped Yugi's hands, the thunder rolling and the lightning flashing over their heads. He twirled Yugi and sooner than they knew it, they were splashing around in the rain and dancing to music that they made up on their own as they went along.

Yugi couldn't remember the last time he felt this way. He felt like he was the best thing this world had to offer, all because of Yami. Yami made him feel as though the only thing that mattered was himself and Yami. It had been such a long time since he last felt that way. Yugi prayed that it would never end.

Yugi laughed once he accidentally fell on top of Yami from a dance move that was done a bit too well. Yami laughed, not really caring that another guy was on top of him.

"You're such a good dancer!" Yami teased, wiping a drop that fell on his eye, "You were so light!"

"So are you!" Yugi giggled, tapping Yami's nose playfully, "You're so strong!"

Yami laughed and Yugi rolled off of his boyfriend, looking up at the storm clouds that moved across the sky, the rain slowing to a stop. He felt his shirt and pants and noticed how muddy they had gotten from his dance party with Yami. Just then, Yami stood up and looked back at Yugi.

"Yugi, I wanna take you somewhere." He said, a grin forming on his face, "No where special...just somewhere I like to go to be alone."

Yugi sat up and looked at him, slightly tilting his head out of confusion.

"Okay." Yugi stood up, "Where is it?"

"Just down the street from here! Come on! We'll walk there, just me and you!" Yami beamed, holding Yugi's hand again.

Yugi saw no problem with something like that. He nodded his head and Yami and he ran down the wet and muddy yard in the way of Yami's little special place.

---

It didn't take very long to get there and once they arrived, Yami sat in the grass, letting out a sigh.

"Here it is." He said, grinning happily at the scene in front of he and Yugi.

Yugi looked at the place that Yami had taken him and his eyes widened. There was a wide river that passed them and the moonlight from the moon that had only recently rose glinted from the water's surface, casting a beautiful silver glow upon everything.

The grass rippled with the cool wind that brushed against the two of them and Yugi sat right next to Yami, leaning his head onto Yami's shoulder.

"This is absolutely beautiful..." Yugi breathed, feeling Yami's rising and falling chest against his back.

"Isn't it?" Yami smiled at him, "I always loved to come here to be alone to think or to just relax..."

Yugi couldn't see why he wouldn't have wanted to come here. It was so quiet and the river sounds were so soothing that it could lull someone to sleep.

Yugi suddenly brushed against Yami's scarred arm and Yami pulled away. He slightly winced and held the scarred.

"I'm sorry, Yami." Yugi's eyes widened, "I...I didn't mean to-"

Yami shook his head.

"Why are you apologizing?" Yami raised an eyebrow, "There's nothing wrong. I just...have to tell you something."

Yugi looked at him expectantly, nodding.

"You're the only one to know what happened in my previous life..." Yami looked at him sincerely, "The only one. Literally. I haven't trusted anyone else with that kind of knowledge yet...and am not going to for a while."

Yugi kept his focus on Yami, Yami gripping his hand again.

"I...I need you to promise me one thing..." He said, wrapping the scarred arm around Yugi and pulling him closer, "You must never tell what happened to me or how I got this scar. Not even if I'm on my death bed and my life depends on it..."

Yugi was slightly stunned by the way Yami was talking. Why was he talking about his death bed? It was an image Yugi couldn't bear now. They had only just made their relationship official. Why was Yami talking about his death bed?

Involuntarily, he nodded and a wave of relief washed over Yami immediately after and Yami kissed his cheek and hugged Yugi tightly, Yugi wrapping his arms around him in return.

"I knew I could trust you..." He grinned, whispering into his ear.

"You can always trust me, Yami..." Yugi whispered back, the two of them looking back at the river that ran across them.

It stayed that way for several minutes in complete silence. Yugi noticed how quiet it had gotten and turned slightly.

"Y-Yami?" He looked up at Yami, to be greeted by Yami sleeping soundly, his head on Yugi's and his chest rising and falling against Yugi.

Yugi couldn't help but smile.

"Good night..." He rested his head against the hollow of Yami's neck and closed his eyes, drifting to sleep, "Mou Hitori No Boku..."