Chapter 54

Mana and Mahad had been driving from the clinic to the complex when they finally arrived. Mahad only had 3 cookies and had only snuck 4 by the time they got there.

He was happy.

Mana and he got out, looking up at the building and their jaws silently dropping.

"You sure this is the right address?" Mahad gasped.

"Yes. I checked like 5 million times."

Mana insisted.

Mahad shrugged and the the two of them both made their ways inside.

~~~~~~~

Yugi braced himself, his eyes as wide as full moons. The man who looked him directly in the eyes was the man he saw when Yami was hurt. He was the one who had put Yami in such a condition.

Despite the pistol in his hand, Yugi felt a deep and burning hatred rise from the innermost part of his heart and soul. He glared at the hooded man and clenched his fists.

"Y-You..." He said, struggling to contain his fury.

"Yes." The man said nonchalantly, shrugging, "Me."

Yugi kept his glare and stared him in the eye. The man only smirked.

"It amuses me how much it hurts you..." He chuckled darkly, "Even though it's all Yami's problem. You think Yami told you everything, Huh?"

Yugi remained silent, sensing his fury rising more and more as the seconds ticked by. He didn't break his gaze away from the hooded man, watching his every move.

"It only seems fitting for you to accuse Yami of something." Yugi muttered, slightly growling, "When all crimes are pinned on you."

"Oh no." The man said, holding up both of his hands, the pistol beside his face, "I don't know if Yami did tell you, but everyone who gets associated with him...dies. Take Heba. Take his step mother. Take his biological parents."

He pauses, relishing the tense feeling he was picking up from the wide eyed young man. He twirled the trigger of the gun on his finger, tilting his head and evilly smiling.

"I had Yami in my sights since his birth." The man said, "He was me. But worse. He was soft. Weak. Useless and he wasn't needed in this world. And all he encountered and created relationships with? Garbage. Just as bad as he is....was."

Yugi's eyes intensified, the fury turning into flames that could be seen burning through his glaring eyes.

The man only laughed again, looking bravely into his fury eyes.

"Guess who tailed him. All. This. Time." The man leaned in, glaring and smirking at him still, "I was on the battlefield when Heba died. I don't know if you know, but I killed his stepmother and stepsister. And I drove the car that killed Yami's biological parents."

Yugi's flame of fury intensified ten fold and he lost it. He pulled back, his face contorting with his anger, and he landed a punch square in the man's nose.

"You MURDERER!!!!!" He bellowed at the top of his lungs, letting all of his anger billow out.

The man fell back, landing against the wall. He had a trail of blood down his face, his mouth gaped open at first from surprise, but soon, it turned into an eery smirk. He cracked his jaw and stood back up, stalking over.

"How I've waited to face off with you." The man tightened his grip on his gun and gripped Yugi by the collar, throwing him violently against the window, cracking it once Yugi's head hit the surface. The blow made Yugi go dizzy and see stars for a slight moment until finally, he refocused, looking up to see the man standing over him.

"...if only Yami could see your little frightened face right now..." The man muttered, "..That would be a reaction that I would pay to see."

Yugi wanted to kick him, but he didn't find the strength to. The blow to the window was hard on his brain stem. He felt it.

His head pounded. Suddenly, he felt the man grip him again by the collar and pick him up easily off of the ground. Yugi looked him in the eyes.

"I said I was going to get one of you." The man laughed evilly, "Yami keeps dodging bullets. But I have a way to kill you. With one. Single. Bullet."

Yugi's eyes widened when he saw the pistol being held up to under his chin. He struggled not to show the fear in his eyes and tried to replace it with determination. That only seemed to fuel the man.

The man wanted Yugi to fear him.

But he wasn't going to let it work that way.

"...Bite." Yugi said, his rude side kicking into overdrive, "Me. I dare you."

The man smiled. The last thing Yugi remembered was a loud gunshot, his head whipping back as a tidal wave of pain flooded his head, and he fell to the floor, at the man's feet.

His gaze began to black out, when he was picked up again, the blood gushing from his wounds and his breathing hollow and short. He weakly bit his bottom lip, struggling not to cry out.

"Trying to resist and be a big boy, Eh?" The man laughed, holding the gun between Yugi's eyes.

Yugi's eyes widened.

He could swear he heard sobbing and someone begging for it to stop.

It certainly wasn't him.

The man pulled the trigger.

And Yugi was consumed in darkness.

~~~~~~~

Yami was on his knees, his tears rolling like waterfalls. He screamed aloud, letting it all out.

"Y-YUGI!!!!" He cried, harder and harder, "Y-YUGIIIIIII!!!!!!!"

The man didn't respond, not hearing a spirit. Yami crawled over to Yugi, gathering him in his arms and crying harder at the blood that continued to fall to the ground. Yami held Yugi's blood covered face in his hands and shook his head.

"No...no...no..." He repeated to himself, over and over, "Aibou...Aibou, please. Aibou....it-it's me....M-Mou...Hitori.....N-N-No Boku...."

He got not response from the body and he felt himself burst into tears all over. He hugged Yugi closer, not caring if he got blood on his shirt and clothes. He couldn't take it.

Why Yugi??

Why couldn't it had just been him???

What did this man want???

First his actual parents were killed in a collision caused by the masked man. Next, his stepmother and stepsister. Third, he'd gone too far with killing Heba. And Yugi was a whole different level.

"Y-Yugi..." Yami sobbed, burying his face in Yugi's hair as he cried harder, "I-I....I'm so sorry...

"S-So...sorry...."