Chapter 36

The next day, Yugi and Yami were paired for several surgeries and operations together. They enjoyed the work and even more so that they were able to do it together. It had been a long while since they were able to work together this way and they enjoyed it a lot more than their usual work.

Yami and Yugi stood at the entrance of the emergency section of the large hospital that they worked at and they chatted together. Yami and Yugi had been getting closer than they ever had since their relationship had become official.

"And then I said: 'I have a name you know!!' " Yami laughed, making Yugi laugh harder, "Then he returned with a 'Really? What is it?' And I said: 'I DON'T KNOW'!!"

Yugi doubled over with laughter, his back against the wall as he listened to Yami's extremely humorous jokes and stories that he had to tell. He loved to listen to Yami's funny remarks and to hear his contagious laughter.

Nothing could compare, according to Yugi.

"Oh!!" Mana skipped over after just carefully removing a couple garments of surgical equipment from the previous surgery she had just spent more than four hours on, "Tell him about the Big Mouth Frog!"

Yami suddenly laughed and nodded. Yugi eyed him and tilted his head. What was all this about a big mouth frog?

"Okay, Lemme tell you a story, okay?" Yami looked at Yugi, smiling widely, his eyes full of life, "And by the way, this is 100% not true!"

Mana leaned on the wall next to Yugi and grinned at him, reassuring him that he was going to enjoy this story just as he had been enjoying all his other ones.

"So, there was this kid Big Mouth Frog, okay?" Yami went through the story, "The Big Mouth Frog goes up to Momma Big Mouth Frog and says..."

Suddenly, Yami began to talk in an exaggerated tone, widening his mouth far wider than normal as he said,

"Mooooom?? Can I go outsiiiiide to plaaaaaaay?"

Yugi giggled upon seeing how funny Yami looked as he said that. Mana snorted and covered her mouth, stifling her laughter.

Yami smiled.

"The mother said 'of course of can, dear! But be careful! The outside world can be pretty scary and dangerous at times!" Yami continued, "So the Baby Big Mouth Frog nodded and said 'okaaaaaay! I'll be careful!' And he was off!

"Now, soon the Baby Big Mouth Frog came to a snake. Upon seeing him, Baby Big Mouth said: Hiiiiiii mister snaaake!! IIII am a big mouth froooooog! And I eat fliiiiiiies! What do yoooou eat?" Yami said in his exaggerated voice once more, "The snake looked at him and said "Iiiiiii am a sssssssnake. And I eat miccccccce.' The Baby Big Mouth Frog nodded and hopped away. Soon, he came to an alligator!"

Yugi sighed. He knew something like this was going to happen. It usually does. Yami was going to continue when suddenly, the double doors to the entrance of the Emergency Room burst open and a group of paramedics rushed in with a gurney.

"Guys!! Guys!! Move out of the way!! We gotta get some help here!!!!" One called at the head, glancing around.

Yami was the first one off to the gurney and Yugi was close behind him. Mana also followed, all three of them rushing over to inspect the person that was brought in.

Yugi and Yami both rushed over to one paramedic with a clipboard who looked up at them.

"What have we got?" Yugi beat Yami to the asking.

"This is Alexis Rhodes. Just now, There was an accident on highway 390, right outside of the Duelist Academy a couple blocks away. This was the victim of the crash, whose foot and lower leg was caught under the dashboard. Her brain is fine and her heart is functional, but she might have a couple broken ribs."