Chapter 16

Yugi and Yami laughed, running out into the back yard where the stars were just appearing and the moon had begun to shed its light onto the earth. They changed and jumped in, the two laughing as they splashed each other.

Yugi suddenly jumped back out, his eyes wide, but his mouth curved into a small grin.

"Too cold! Too cold!" He squealed.

Yami looked at him, everything but his head, neck, and shoulders submerged into the water. Yami chuckled, shaking his head and swimming to where Yugi crouched beside the pool.

"No it isn't! It's a good warm temp!" He disagreed, slightly grinning.

Yugi shook his head back.

"I'm telling you! It's too cold!" He playfully returned.

"No it's not!" Yami pressed, swimming even closer, looking up at him, "Why don't you get back in here?"

Yugi shook his head once more, causing a smirk to grow on Yami's face.

"Do I need to make you?" He chuckled, pressing still closer, his eyes peeking at the ledge and he smirked at Yugi.

Yugi raised an eyebrow.

"...What are you-"

"Come 'ere, you!!"

Yami laughed, grabbing Yugi's legs and pulling him in, holding him and swimming underwater, Yugi trying to get away, laughing and grinning with Yami.

"H-Hey!!" Yugi splashed, "Lemme go!!"

Yami laughed, tightening his grip on him and Yugi pulled them back down into the water. They wrestled for a bit, and soon, Yugi was able to get out of his arms.

He swam away, still laughing at himself. Yami gasped for breath, popping back out of the water and laughing under his breath.

"Yugi! Get back here!" He said.

"No!!" Yugi laughed, still swimming.

He dove and swam underwater, looking around. He noticed a seat built into the wall and he swam toward it, looking back and...

Yami wasn't there.

He raised an eyebrow and came back out of the water, breathing and sitting on the seat. He turned and realized he had sat behind a waterfall on the other side of the pool. The rock was in a semi circle shape around him.

"Yami?" He called, silence replying.

He was about to dive again, looking for Yami when Yami's head suddenly popped up in front of him and he grinned, laughing.

"Boo~!!" He called.

Yugi jumped, Yami laughing hard and sitting next to him. Yugi playfully hit his arm, rolling his eyes.

"Y-Your face~!!" Yami laughed harder, sitting next to her, "You were so scared!"

Yugi went slightly red, his head submerging into the water as he went redder. Yami's laughter faded and he gripped Yugi again, pulling him back up and onto the seat.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, Yugi." He said, "I was just having a little fun, I couldn't resist!"

Yugi scoffed teasingly and playfully hit him again.

"Whatever!" He giggled, he and Yami sitting together behind the waterfall.

Yami grinned and looked up, his eyes falling on a panel that was cut out of the Rocky dome that showed the water passing over, and you could also see the stars in the night sky further above them.

Yugi did the same. He sighed happily.

"Isn't it beautiful tonight?" He asked, grinning.

Yami silently looked back at him and nodded.

"Has anyone ever noticed something?" He asked, "...special about you?"

Yugi looked at him, his heart speeding and his face going slightly red.

"What do you mean?" He asked, tilting his head.

He felt Yami pull him closer, and he tried to play it off as though it was nothing.

"Those stars." Yami said, gripping his hand, "They shine brighter in your eyes."

That did it. Yugi went strawberry mode and his face went a deep crimson. Yami chuckled and intertwined his finger's with Yugi's fingers and pulled him still closer.

"What?" He smirked, "It's only the truth."

"Well, these eyes don't shine as bright without a certain pair next to them." He grinned, Yami's face going red this time.

Yugi slightly smiled back, only just noticing how close to each other they were. Yami's face was only a few centimeters away from Yugi's face and it slowly got closer. Yugi closed his eyes and filled the space between them, kissing Yami before Yami could even get to him first.

Yami was sorta startled at first, but soon, his eyes fell closed as well and the two sat there, in the pool, in each other's embraces, kissing. Yugi's heart fluttered as he wrapped one arm around him, holding Yami close. Yami's face went red, but he kissed further.

Yugi slightly smiled, cherishing the moments that passed as they sat there.

Sooner or later, they suddenly separated, gasping for breath. They hugged each other, Yugi resting his head on Yami's shoulder and Yami doing the same to him.

Yugi felt the wide smile spread on his face as they held each other.

"You know..." Yami whispered in his ear, "You might have been one of the best things to ever happen to me."

Yugi grinned at the sound of that, and squeezed him gently.

"And you are mine." He murmured softly, looking at Yami.

They then said a certain sentence at the same time that both embarrassed them and flattered them, both of their faces going red at the same time at the words.

"I love you."