Chapter 12

The busy atmosphere seemed to fade with the time that went by as the team of surgeons and nurses reached the end of the operation.

The anesthetics were brought lower and the ulcers had been removed and the piece of stomach was replaced, returning the patient to normal.

Yami put his tools down, Tsunami being rolled back out of the room back to his own and he looked up, removing his gloves and mask.

He wiped at a few beads of sweat that dotted his forehead and turned around, his eyes locking with a lavender gaze.

"Hey, Yugi." Yami met up with him, "You did good today! You didn't do a whole lot, but you knew what was supposed to be done and how we were supposed to do it. That is pretty impressive for a guy who is still on his first full day."

Yugi swatted the air, slightly shaking his head.

"Meh, I guess." Yugi shrugged, "But this is one of the minor surgeries. You know, like a transplant."

Yami chuckled.

"I Suppose so." He said, slightly smiling.

A tall doctor suddenly met up with the two, Yugi knowing all too well who this guy was. It was Mahad, a friend of Yami's, but also a slight friend of Yugi's. He removed his mask, a smirk on his face.

"Yami, I really don't see why you're even teaching this kid." He chuckled, "He knows a lot more than most residents at this part of training."

"Well, he could use someone to ask questions to." Yami returned, putting his arm around Yugi in a friendly gesture, "He could also use some pointers and such, right Yugi?"

Yugi looked at him and put his arm around him in return, nodding and smiling back.

"Yep!" He agreed fully.

Mahad raised his eyebrow playfully and turned for the doorway, looking back at them one more time.

"Well, its about 7 now." He said, "That surgery took longer than expected and I got night shift. I'd better be off now."

Yami waved, watching Mahad leave the room. Yugi waved as well, but was slightly confused.

"Night shift?" He asked Yami as soon as Mahad was out of earshot, "What's that?"

"Oh, well each week, certain doctors are assigned certain days to stay all night in case of emergency operations like car accidents, wreaks, and such." Yami explained, "Mahad has Thursdays. My day is Wednesdays."

Yugi listened and nodded once he was done. He wondered what day he would have had...would he had worked the same night as Yami or a different night?

All of this was so exciting once Yugi actually thought about it!

Yami and Yugi walked back to the entrance, where the parking lot was and they both walked out. Yami's schedule had been complete and his day was over as well as Yugi's. They both walked into the cool night air and stopped right outside the door, looking at each other.

"Good job today, Yugi." Yami grinned, "This isn't going to be very hard for either of us if you keep this up."

Yugi smiling back, "It's all because of the teacher I'm learning from." He was suddenly pulled into a hug and his cheeks went a slight red color.

"I think we can both teach one another a thing or two..." Yami said, holding him, "Sooner or later."

Yugi hugged him back, the wind blowing and ruffling their coats, and their hair moving along with it. They separated, a slight shock, but happiness hinted in the feel of the moment.

"Thanks again, Yami." Yugi turned, heading for his car and waving as Yami did the same.

"Don't mention it!" Yami waved happily back and got into his car.

Yugi got into his car and flipped on the ignition.

Something new started today...

Not something you can see...

But something you can feel...

And Yugi definitely felt it.