Chapter 17

The two swam together for the next half hour, both still stunned of their brief moment under the stars, but both trying to brush it off as though it was nothing.

Sooner or later, they both finished swimming and got back out, sopping wet, but still laughing at each other. Yugi and Yami wrapped themselves in towels and walked in, a bit dried up.

Yugi followed Yami back in.

"So, you ready for some dinner?" Yami looked back at him, his stomach suddenly growling.

"Oh yes!" Yugi nodded, "I'm starved!!"

"Oh wow!" Yami chuckled, "Starved?? You must be REALLY hungry!"

Yugi smiled and followed him into the kitchen lightly banging his hand on the table.

"Feed me." He said with a playfully constipated face.

Yami had to stifle his laughter upon Yugi's silly appearance.

"Okay, my lord!" He bowed and rushed over, putting on a 'proper' accent in his voice, "What is it at you may like?"

Yugi giggled and shrugged.

"I wasn't being specific. I only said..." He returned, sitting at the bar and watching Yami, "FEED ME."

Yami laughed and turned for a cabinet.

"Well I can't feed you zee proper food if I don't understand vat you may vant!" He chuckled.

"You know what, surprise me." Yugi laughed, breaking out of character.

Yami laughed again, going through the fridge full of his leftovers. He pulled container after container out and put them all out in front of Yugi.

"So...choose what you want!" Yami said, motioning to the dishes like a waiter, "We have some soup, broccoli salad, Gumbo, Jambalaya...just pick!"

(Gumbo and Jambalaya are traditional foods from the part of the world I'm from. SOOOO GOOOOOOD!)

Yugi went through each dish, rubbing his chin and causing Yami to chuckle again. He shot a few exaggerated looks at him before finally making his decision and sitting up straight and tall.

"I have made my decision!" He raised his nose slightly in the air, his eyes closed. He pretended to clear his throat and he looked at Yami, "Drum roll please?"

Yami nodded slightly and began to beat on the table, smiling and waiting for his choice.

"I choose..." He paused for dramatic effect, Yami continuing to beat on the table, biting his bottom lip to refrain from chuckling once more, "GUMBO!"

(YUUUUUUUM!!)

Yami grinned and picked up the container of Gumbo.

"Very well, my lord!! That is an excellent choice!" He commented, walking to a stove with a pot on it and carefully pouring it into the pot and turning on the stove itself, "I was hoping you picked it! It is DELIGHTFUL!"

Yugi giggled and nodded.

"The name is fun to say, so I has to be delightful!" He said.

Yami nodded, grinning as he stirred the soup.

---

Later that night, Yugi and Yami sat across from each other in the dining room, just recently completing their dinner. Yugi wiped his lips with the napkin and looked at Yami.

"And you cooked that yourself??" he asked, pretty awed.

"Yep!" Yami nodded, "Every bit. It was originally from scratch!"

Yugi lightly clapped his hands together, applauding his work on the dish.

"Very good, chef Sennen!" He laughed.

Yami bowed playfully, "Thank you! thank you! Thank you!"

Soon, the laughter died down and out of the corner of Yugi's eyes, a piano could be seen. It was a large wooden piano that was old, but it was still in mint condition. He looked at Yami and tilted his head.

"What is it?" Yami returned, rubbing his right arm under the table.

"Yami?" Yugi stood up and walked to the piano, rubbing its surface gently, "This piano is beautiful...where did you get it?"

Yami stood, a slight grin forming on his face.

"I didn't get it anywhere...it was my step mother's piano." Yami said, meeting his side and running his fingers over the keys, "We would always play this little instrument together..."

Yugi raised an eyebrow again.

"We?" He repeated, "Who did you play with?"

Yami closed his eyes, his smile fading.

"My step brother and I..." He muttered, regret in his voice, "Just him and I at this piano...no one else..."

Yugi sat next to him and scooted closer supportingly. Yami's right hand had rested on the keys, a soft sound coming from the piano.

Yugi looked down at his right hand and his jaw dropped when he saw a nasty scar running jaggedly down his arm and to his palm.

"Y-Yami..." Yugi looked back up at him.

Yami's eyes opened and he looked at him. He let out a breath and looked back at the piano.

"Yugi...I think I know you better than anyone else..." He said, "And I think its the same with You to me..."

Yugi nodded.

"Of course." He said.

Yami sadly nodded.

"Yugi...I trust you." He said, "And I think I trust you more than anyone else I know. I want to tell you a story."

Yami began to play a melody, a simple series of notes that soon ended, with a beautiful sharp high note.

"You must promise not to tell anyone of what I say, alright?" He looked back at Yugi with trust and sadness in his eyes.

Yugi gripped his wrist reassuringly.

"Of course."