Chapter 21

Yami and Yugi sat in silence, the only sounds being heard was that of the machines in the room around them. Yami looked at Yugi.

"Wh-What?" Yugi tilted his head, slightly confused.

Yami looked back down and Yugi could tell that he was just as confused as he was. Yami sighed slightly and refrained from looking back up. He continued to caress the limp and still hand he held.

"W-Well..." He began, "Ever since I told you my story...I've been seeing things..."

Yugi sat beside him and gripped his wrist. Yugi was still very confused about it all, but he knew that he couldn't be as confused as Yami was at this moment. He remained silent, questions still going through his mind.

"Like what?" He broke his silence with a simple question.

"Well, I've been seeing...my family...in various patients who come in..." Yami muttered, "This had never happened before..."

Yugi eyed him, still a bit confused. He had never heard of anything that Yami was speaking of. Yami looked up at Yugi, who tightened his grip on his wrist.

"Really?" He heard Yugi asked.

"Yeah...I had a nightmare..." He said, "A flashback...I relived my brother's death...

"...then before I woke up...

"I saw a shadow...and a dagger...flying for my neck...."

Yugi slightly gasped at the sound of the dagger in the dream. He had had a nightmare similar to that, but that was a long time ago...and he had forgotten about it for a long while.

Yugi stayed silent, still thinking to himself. The girl silently shifted slightly, stiffly moving slightly in her sleep. Yami still held her hand tightly, the image getting more clear in his mind.

This was his step sister...

Somehow...

In someway...

He suddenly felt a brief flash of pain fly through his head, but it was too fast to catch. He internally winced, struggling to shrug the flash off as though it was nothing at all.

"When was this dream?" Yugi brought him back to his senses soon thereafter.

Yami shrugged.

"...Last night..." He said. He looked up at Yugi and he was stunned to see what happened to Yugi's appearance.

Suddenly, something in Yugi changed. His skin became tan and his eyes changed slightly, catching Yami off guard.

"H-Heba..."

His head suddenly stung like crazy and he winced loudly, the pain a hurtful surprise.

He nodded silently, trying to ignore the pain.

"Y-Yami?" Yugi eyed him, noticing that something was wrong, "Is...Is everything okay??"

Yami looked back at him and suddenly, his head felt like fire. The pain had increased, causing him to let out a slight yell. He dropped the hand and collapsed to his knees, groaning as he clutched his head tightly, gritting his teeth.

"...A-Ah!!" He said.

Yugi suddenly gasped and dropped to his knees at his side. He grabbed his hand and held it firmly.

"Y-Yami?!" His eyes grew wide, "Y-Yami!!"

Yami panted and shook his head, trying to cease the pain that grew to his neck and whole face burned. He let out a scream and squinted his eyes shut in an attempt to clench the pain that grew still.

As Yugi spoke, his voice changed. It began to grow into a tone that was more familiar to Yami than all the others. Yami looked up at him, seeing Heba's skin on Yugi and hearing Heba's voice from Yugi's mouth. He let out a louder yell, his eyes shutting again.

"Oh no!" Yugi held him, "Y-Yami!! Look at me!! Stay with me! Come on!!"

He then fell in Yugi's lap, his eyes still shut as he contracted in pain, the pain now spread into his chest.

"Yami!!" Yugi looked back, "Oh my gosh!!"

Yami opened his eyes slightly and looked up at him, his eyes drooping until they fell closed, losing all strength to remain open. Yugi paled and held him, looking back with his eyes wide with terror.

Yami heard Yugi's voice fade as he fell away from the world and a black fog of unconsciousness smothered his brain and he drifted away from the world, going limp in Yugi's arms.

"YAMI!!"