Epilogue

More than 4 months passed.

The work that Yugi had had increased greatly upon the young man, and slowly and slowly, he would be forced away from his Mou Hitori No Boku. He wasn't all that sure of his progress because of how much he had been working.

Now, he worked almost 14 to 15 hour days, not including the night shift he had every other night.

So, he hasn't had the time to stop to visit his Mou Hitori.

Which made him feel terrible.

He never had the time to see his lover. He longed to just stop everything and visit him, but he couldn't. With his incident a few weeks back, he had missed enough work, and was stuck having to make up for it.

Yami was probably wondering where he was, as well. Yugi would ask Mahad and Mana for updates, but they wouldn't really tell him anything. They seemed to sorta just keep whatever they knew a secret. And he never saw Yami outside of his room.

That made Yugi feel a little uneasy. The very busy days that stretched out to be busy nights didn't make it any better. He always went home and went to bed without any dinner because he was so tired.

And the lack of dinner food was making the young man quite thin, and his colleagues began to notice it.

However, Yugi would shrug it off as though it was nothing, regardless what they would offer him for a meal.

He didn't want food.

He wanted to see his Mou Hitori No Boku.

-------

Tonight wasn't much better than Yugi's other work nights.

It was 12:30 in the morning, and Yugi had just gotten out of a very late meeting that ran a lot later than it was supposed to run. It was a board of doctors meeting, so almost every high level surgeon from around Domino City had to be there.

Yugi almost fell asleep there, and was relieved that he hadn't been railed on because of his carelessness in staying awake. He was glad it was over anyway.

Every month, it was the same. Every Hospital in Domino chose 8 of their preferred surgeons to go to the meeting that was held one night every month in the district hall.

And on this stormy night, with black clouds increasing the night that stretched out over Japan, the meeting had been held. The rain zipped through the sky, pelting the earth with water and soaking Yugi as he walked through it, a hood pulled up over his head.

He had his hands in his pockets and shivered violently from the strong wind that, with the cold harsh water of the rain, made him even colder. But, he didn't care. He didn't really notice how cold he was.

The only thing on his mind was Yami.

It had been months since he had last seen him, and Christmas was drawing near. He still hadn't visited Yami once since he was taken off of the tube.

He only wondered how he was doing.

He only wondered if he was still making all that progress.

He longed to see him again.

Better yet, on his feet-

Suddenly, Yugi noticed a figure walking toward him, a few feet away. It was merely a silhouette against the ran, but it seemed to take Yugi by surprise.

The figure walked slowly, slightly limping with a few bandages and a stiff arm. His left eye was covered with a bandage, and his stiff arm was covered with a cast on the wrist that allowed the hand to move freely. The arms and face were very bruised, and the man's muscles on his arms seemed to bulge from even where Yugi could see.