- Two -

Jeno was confused.

Being emotional before an imput session helped further memory, but in this case, that boy was the only thing he could think of.

So he stood there, in the silent entrance hall, staring blatantly at the empty spot where the boy was standing.

Jaemin finally snapped out of the trance, and started waving his hand in front of Jeno's face. He could already see the smirk on Jaemin's face before he looked at the other's face.

"Wanna sneak up there after last session?" Jaemin said, mischief in his eyes.

"I don't know, man. We've never even seen the top wing. What if we get lost?"

"But we can find out~" Jaemin sang towards him, knowing he would be able to convince the other boy. 

 Jeno sighed, knowing Jaemin had the curiosity for both of them.

"Fine, but not until after our last session. Meet me at the Corner," Jeno said, making sure the other would not go alone.

Heading to the canteen, the boys sat down with four other boys, two of them conversing loudly.

"I swear, I have seen that boy before. We went to Elementary school together!" Chenle said, not realizing that the two boys arrived.

"Yeah right, Chenle. I went to the same Elementary school as you, I would've seen him too!" Donghyuck said, trying to defend himself.

"No, you wouldn't of-" 

"Oh hi guys," Mark said, interrupting the younger boy.

That pointed the attention to the arriving boys. They both waved at the group, sitting down at the circular table. 

"So, Chenle, what were you saying?" Jaemin asked, wanting to hear the story from the beginning.

Everyone stayed quiet, trying to hear the story from the beginning.

"When we were in Elementary school, I remember one of the other Chinese-speaking student, even though he was a year above me," Chenle paused.

Donghyuck wasn't having that pause.

"Come on. You have us listening now."

"So we kind of clicked? He wasn't very talkative and kind of distanced himself, but I understood. He was shipped over to this section when I was and had to input a new language. You guys know how painful that is," he looked pointedly at Mark, him being the only other foreigner to fully input another language successfully. Mark nodded, cringing at the remembrance.

"Then what?" Jeno asked.

"I'm not sure. We were in the canteen like every other morning, when he said his head was throbbing. Like, really bad. I tried to get to a person, because they still had those in Elementary school, but then he grabbed his head and fell to the ground. He left that day and never came back. The person who took him told me that he hadn't been inputing enough-"

"How does one not input enough??" Mark asked, shocked.

"He had been developing a M.C.M. (Max Capacity Memory) the whole time doing regular sectioned off sessions. It wasn't enough, and the information he was getting wasn't enough to fill in the hole in his memory. Which lead to the sudden pain and pass out," Chenle finished, using the rest of his recollection of the information he had imputed after Renjun's accident.

"But that happened this morning too," Jaemin said, confused. Chenle looked at him.

"The pain doesn't go away. It's what happens when you have M.C.M. It never goes away, hence why he has such a long session every day. He has to keep imputing until the memory capacity is filled. It must've happened this morning because he hadn't started early enough," Chenle devised. He wasn't 100% sure, but then again he was pretty sure.

The others looked at him shocked. Even Donghyuck.

"Alright, I believe. But only because you gave me information worthy to remember," Donghyuck said, looking at Chenle.

"But can't he at least have a break?  When does he have time to eat?" Jeno asked, seriously confused on how this boy was still alive with all the long running sessions every day.

"I don't honestly know," Chenle said, racking his brain to see if he could recall any information,"I can't remember if there was any information about that aspect of the process for the M.C.M."

Then a familiar bell-like tone rang out through the canteen, signalling the first session.

It was going to be a long day.

Jeno and Jaemin looked at each other, determination shining in their eyes.

They knew they were going to do it.

. . . 

Renjun hadn't felt pain like that since Elementary school. He remembered looking at the two boys staring back at him, then the pain hit like a truck. Suddenly, he felt the room become silent, but he also couldn't hear. The pain overwhelming, and his pulse throbbing throughout his body, he was sure he was going to die. The pain subsided for the slightest second and he quickly stood up and rushed to his door, sliding it open and running to the over sized chair sitting in the middle.

Trying to calm his heart and, hopefully, lessen the pain, he started breathing in and out to prepare for the session.

The electronic arm started up, and began scanning the room for the boy. It found his location and scanned his arm for the barcode to ensure this was the boy who was going to receive today's information. Renjun had learned a lot over the past couple of years after finding he had M.C.M. 

Today, he was scheduled to learn the entire familial name structure in the Korean language.

Renjun had learned a total of three languages, all the ins and outs, and it was quite painful.

All of the languages took one month each. And currently, he was learning the finishing touches of Korean.

Renjun sat in the cool leather chair, feeling the slight buzz run through his body, before closing his eyes, ready for the session to be over.

. . . 

Jaemin sat in the wooden chair, stiff and annoyed in his third session. 

He couldn't get his mind off of the M.C.M. boy. 

He took the tablet sitting next to his programming machine.

He looked at what he was scheduled to learn in that session. 

Engineering.

Cringing, he quickly tapped the settings icon, and quickly looked at everyone else's session. He was not satisfied with any other sessions, except one. And judging by the screen, it was Jeno.

The session was titled "Maximum Capacity Memory." Jeno had hacked into the program and chose that lesson. Jaemin smiled to himself and clicked on the lesson. Luckily, Jeno hadn't started.

Jaemin smiled, sitting back into his seat, leaned back and closed his eyes.

The familiar rush of the session started, and Jaemin opened his mind.

. . . 

This is not what Jeno thought he was going to learn. 

At all.

He started his session and it started normally.

Listing the facts, and information about what Maximum Capacity Memory, just as expected.

But then, Jeno found something quite...interesting. 

That there was only one successful M.C.M. left still imputing information.

Named Huang Renjun.

And he just so happened to go to his school.

. . .

A/N : 

thank you so much for reading ! 

I sincerely hope you enjoyed reading. 

I'm trying to give each character some good development and information now. But don't worry, Jeno and Jaemin's plans will be revealed next.

Thank you ! <3