- Eighteen -

Donghyuck's sudden sentence seemed to make the air deflate slowly, like a balloon with a small hole.

Renjun let out a small breath, all too tense, threatening to burst.

He had never liked the woman, presence seemingly too high. Not at all to his liking. She had a loud aura, but a quiet persona. Someone with secrets worth millions.

Renjun hated that.

She looked at the boys, thinking they were nothing but malleable minds.

But she was wrong.

So under that misconception, she started her preaching.

"Project Delta is focused on the potential polygamous partnering, but that's not what we are focused on today. We are focused on the Project Kkum. This is a project of the concerned housing of you're unit, excluding 00-00-01. We have an understanding that the building you are residing in is quite controversial in it's standing-"

"Please speak clearly," Donghyuck cut the woman, pointing his finger at Chenle, who was squinting at the woman in slight confusion. Even with the help of Jisung clarifying what she was saying in his ear, he wasn't quite catching all of the words.

The woman paused, clearing her throat slightly in irritation.

"The building you all live in, it is marked as an old government building, which can attract some people from the outside, or even Defects that live on the Outside, which can be dangerous. We are trying to study cohabitation between the seven of you. If it works, you won't leave, but if it doesn't you all will be separated into separate dorms," she finished, looking confident in herself.

"So does that mean-"

"You will move to 00-00-01's dorm, and if it will be permanent, that is still on the debating table, but the next 60 days will determine that," she clarified.

"And you had to drug us to tell us that? You couldn't just e-mail or something much easier?" Donghyuck spoke up once more, thoroughly irritated with the government's great planning techniques.

"It was a test," she simply said.

"Everything is a test to you guys," Renjun mumbled in Mandarin. Chenle looked at the older, who was squinting his eyes in annoyance. Directed to the government, of course.

"So are we done here?" Mark asked, standing up.

"Well-"

"O.K., cue to leave," Donghyuck cut her off, standing up as well. 

This caused all of the boys to stand up, and proceed to start leaving the room.

"You boys need to be out of that building by 00:30," the woman said, quickly.

"Noted," Donghyuck answered, waving a hand behind him, leaving.

. . . 

The six boys dropped Renjun off at his dorm, still in awe of the large building.

"Who knew M.C.M.'s were so privileged," Donghyuck said, laughing slightly.

This dense mood that hung over the group needed to be broken.

"Trust me, he's far from privileged," Jaemin defended, voice small.

They continued to walk, Mark and Donghyuck leading in the front, Jaemin and Jeno hanging slightly behind them, and Chenle and Jisung behind them.

Chenle held onto Jisung's arm, still shocked from the whole event that happened earlier.

"Jisung, what's going to happen to us?" he asked, looking up at the younger, eyes wide and watery.