- Thirty Five -

"We need to talk. Now."

Renjun looked at the older with a perplexed expression, trying to get through the mass of limbs currently surrounding on the mattress as he sat up. He was wondering what the older man had to discuss, but knew that it was important by his tone.

So he quickly stood up, avoiding the curious gazes thrown at him as he made his way over towards Taeyong, and stood beside him.

Taeyong made no other moves to show that he was going to say anything more, and instead went to leave the room.

After shooting a convincing and reassuring smile to the others, he quickly took his leave, catching up with the older.

He didn't say anything and made no moves to do so, but his questioning gaze lead Taeyong to speak as they began down the hallway they had just travelled.

"We have some things to discuss about Carthwright and how we are going to keep you guys safe," he explained slightly, now heading down the long metal staircase.

The older boys had remained in the makeshift living room, as others went to the monitors to surveillance the surroundings for danger.

They made their way past them, but not without curious glances being thrown their way.

Taeyong walked past them briskly, as Renjun followed his lead and did the same, Now was not the time for prying questions and demands. Renjun was sure that they would all find out later, after he did so himself,

Taeyong quickly went to a concealed door by the mass of computers that Ten and Johnny seemed to occupy.

After a quick code into the server, the door opened wide, and Taeyong gestured the younger to go inside.

Inside was dim, the only light illuminating a large circular wooden table, each seat of which had its own long microphone sitting on the table.

Renjun looked up at Taeyong, who again gestured for the boy to sit down, no words being shared at all.

Renjun sat at the nearest chair, quickly sitting down.

An eerie creek was loud in the silence, and an almost inaudible click was heard as the door closed.

Taeyong sat in the chair beside him, turning to face the younger in a serious matter.

"Renjun, I need you to do something for me."

Renjun had been fiddling with his fingers, nervous as to what the older could possibly need.

He looked up at the older, waiting for him to explain.

"You already know that I'm telepathic, but I also have photographic memory, and if I focus hard enough, I can project a memory or information into another's mind. What I need you to do, is recall all that Carthwright has done to you," he explained softly.

Renjun knew that this would be hard.

What hasn't Carthwright done to him?

He had known her all of his life, and in some cases, she was like the mother he never had, and he hated that.

When he had first met her, he was around the age of four, and she had talked sweetly and made her image for him as sugar-coated as can be so he wouldn't suspect any danger from her.

Taeyong quickly put both of his hands on Renjun's shoulders, getting the boy out of his sudden stupor.

"Renjun, in order to do this, you cannot become emotional, and I don't want you to start quite just yet," the older said, his soothing voice making Renjun's previous stiff composition soften.

Renjun took a deep breath and looked up at Taeyong.

"I need you to be calm throughout this whole ordeal. I know it might be a lot, as even I don't know what you do, or how long you've known her, but I'm not going to rush you."

Renjun nodded, understanding what the older was telling him.

"O.K. I understand," Renjun said, still looking at the older boy.

"This might take a while, even all night considering that reaction," Taeyong said slightly jokingly, trying to put the mood back up to further relax the boy.

Renjun took a deep breath once more, before asking a question.

"Is there anything you want me to do in specific or how are we going to do this?"

"We are going to sit here, and I'm going to watch as your memories are channeled. But in order for me to remember, the only thing I have to do is hold onto your temples, only so I can see everything clearly."

Renjun could tell that the older didn't really want physical contact so soon like this, but this was needed, and even if Renjun wasn't going to like the skinship that much, he was willing to do anything to keep Abigail from ruining his chances of a finally happy life with the two boys he loved.

And if that meant reliving his memories as Taeyong held his temples, no matter how awkward it may be, he'll do it.

"That's fine. Let's just get this over with."

Taeyong nodded, before rolling the sleeves of his crisp button-up shirt, and reaching towards Renjun. The slight buzz from the chill of the older's hands made him gasp slightly.

Renjun closed eyes, and let the beginning memory come to him.

Only for you, Jaemin and Jeno.

Only for you.

. . . 

A/N: 

So this is a little chapter before the long chapter coming next!

We're going to find out Renjun's past with Abigail, and just how much she's betrayed him!

Not so much NoRenMin, but after the next chapter, the plot thickens, so that whole bunch of NoRenMin earlier may be the calm before the storm.

But thank you all for reading!!

until next time!!

started  : 2019.1.28
finished : 2019.1.30