- Twelve -

Jaemin woke up, vision cloudy, trying to get up.

His limbs felt like stones, too heavy for him to lift. Then the cold sensation of metal breached his consciousness. He was in a metal chair, slumped forward, the sedative he had been given earlier still wearing down his body.

His eyelids dropped back down, but he tried to fight it. 

He needed to figure out where he was, and how to find everyone else.

With strain, he lifted his head, trying to determine his surroundings.

In front of him was a metal table, and there was a wall with reflective glass.

An old interrogation room. 

Jaemin was impressed that historical things like the room still remained in this society. But then he frowned.

This was and will be used for its purpose. He sat as straight as possible, making his back stiff, and his face unreadable.

He almost flinched when two people burst inside the room, one male and one female.

Jaemin didn't look at them, instead he continued to look at the pane of mirrored glass across from him. He need to look like he wasn't going to talk, because he wasn't going to. Not if it hurt Jeno or Renjun.

The man and woman both scraped their chairs across the floor, then proceeded to sit in front of Jaemin. Jaemin stared back at the pair with blank eyes, no sense of emotion showing. 

The man and woman both had a file in their hands, one each.

Jaemin wondered what they were for, but didn't show his curiosity. 

They both seemed to scan the papers, but in reality they already knew everything about this case. 

Triangle.

Clever name, right?

This is all the observational evidence of the partnering of Na Jaemin, Lee Jeno, and Huang Renjun.

Both of the detectives knew what had been going on, just waiting for the call from Capital, and now here they were, sitting in front of Jaemin.

"Na, Jaemin," the male detective called out, looking at the boy square in the face.

Jaemin slightly flinched at the sudden call of his name but looked at the man anyway.

"Do you know why you are here?" the man asked, hoping that Jaemin had enough skill to understand the almost seriousness of the situation.

"No." 

Jaemin didn't further elaborate, wanting to get out of there and make sure that Renjun, Jeno and his friends were O.K.

As if reading his mind, the woman spoke up.

"Your friends are in the exact situation as your own. And we are not here to hurt you, just to ask some questions," she explained.

She hadn't looked up the whole time, voice flat.

Weird, Jaemin thought.

It wasn't until she looked up did he he feel a strange way. Her features were too striking, almost like they had cut Jaemin themself. Her angles were sharp, no roundness or look of life in any of them. Her eyes a crystal blue that seemed to cut the toughest diamonds. 

Jaemin was confused.

How can a defect be here?

Defects were people who had strange features about themselves that was too strong or too soft to be human. Some had an incredible talent of instinct or something of the sort that set them apart from the rest. Jaemin had learned about them, heck everyone had to of learned of them, but had never actually met one, let alone see. This was all very new to the boy, and started to worry about his friends again, the woman's words going in one ear and out the other.