- Ten -

After their meal, Jaemin decided to take them all into the huge living room.

They sat on the large couch, Renjun sitting in between the two larger boys, eyes threatening to droop. 

He didn't know why, but these two had this effect on him. A calm feeling that settled over him, making him feel lightweight. But he was still put off at their relationship, unsure as how to look at it. All the while, he was unaware of the other two looking intensely at him.

Jeno looked at the smaller, noticing the deep furrow in his brows, showing that he was thinking hard.

"What's wrong Renjun?" he asked, wrapping his arm around the older, trying to ease his worry.

"I-it's nothing. Just thinking."

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jaemin intervened. 

Renjun looked at the youngest. He would give anything to him to release this anxiety-filled thoughts eating at him, but he decided against it. 

He merely shook his head, "Trust me, it's nothing serious."

Not wanting to push Renjun any further, they decided to let him be.

Sitting in the calm ambiance, they each felt the pull of sleep, and fell asleep.

. . . 

The shadows seemed to surround the small boy. Figures surrounding him.

What was he going to do?

All he could see is the familiar glint of the syringe, threatening and huge.

He screamed.

The loud call reaching no ears. His desperate plea.

He started to sweat.

"HELP!" He yelled once more.

He now felt the pressure on his neck, no longer breathing easily through.

He started to choke, breath becoming heavier and heavier.

What am I going to do?

His voice was reduced to small whimpers, tears dampening his cheeks.

He closed his eyes, the darkness having no contrast.

He was scared.

But the pressure was now on his entire body, making him feel suffocated.

The pressure only increased, causing him to release a sob.

And that's all he continued to do.

He sobbed at the pain. At the entirety of his life.

Was this what he was going to go through 24/7?

After feeling lightheaded, he felt himself be pulled into the deep recesses of the shadows.

. . . 

Jeno had woken up to Renjun's deep breathing.

At first he was confused, staring into the dark surrounding, suddenly recalling the events of the past two days.

Then the loud breathing was interrupted by Jaemin quick calling of Renjun's name.

"Renjun!" Jaemin tried to shake the older awake, only to gain a small whimper of pain, which led to even more. What scared them the most is when Renjun began to choke on the air.

That spurred Jeno to try to shake Renjun awake as well, calling his name as well. 

"Renjun, wake up," he said softly, shaking the older, trying not to hurt him.