- Twenty Three -

Renjun quickly jumped away, almost knocking his head against the wall in the process.

Jeno was flushed red, but Jaemin just continued to look at them, containing a laugh with an amused face.

"So," Jaemin trailed off, still looking at the two, "what's going on?"

His voice was playful and teasing, clearly making fun of the two.

Jeno was silent, pressuring Renjun to speak up.

"N-nothing. We," he paused, glancing slightly at Jeno and made eye contact, "were just going to the kitchen."

Jaemin didn't fail to see the eye contact, and Renjun quickly looking away, cheeks still red. He snickered lightly at them, and decided not to be jealous. He felt the prick of that emotion in the back of his conscious, but there was a bigger emotion that flooded his system.

Fondness.

He smiled at them, and rolled his eyes at their sudden shyness.

"Whatever. Come on, or Donghyuck's gonna burn the place down," he waved to them so they could hurry up.

At the mention of fire, Renjun got anxious. He looked back at Jeno, not thinking about the moment just minutes before.

"He's not serious, right?"

Jeno just shrugged, lazily walking down the hallway.

This isn't good.

Renjun panicked, running past Jeno and accidentally bumping into Jaemin's shoulder on the way, making sure that his kitchen wasn't in flames.

Panting slightly out of fright and the sudden cardio exercise, Renjun was greeted with the sight of Mark and Chenle watching Donghyuck frying something in a pan on the stove.

There were no uncontrollable flames, no panicking. Renjun let a deep breath, relieved that everything was safe.

He went to sit at the counter where Chenle resided, sitting down beside him.

He couldn't help the past coming back to him. Memories of him and the younger being almost inseparable.

Chenle placed his head in the crook of Renjun's neck, actions still sleepy, as Renjun let his head rest on top of the younger's. They both closed their eyes, still not quite awake

Jaemin and Jeno watched as the two Chinese boys did that, jealousy cruelly pricking in their minds, but decided to let it be, considering the two were close before.

Jaemin continued sulking though, moving to sit in the joined living room, huffing as he sat heavily on the couch.

Jeno followed him, feeling like he needed to explain what had happened earlier.

"Jaemin, are you O-o.K.?" Jeno stuttered. He was nervous that the relationship that was just repaired wasn't going to go into flames again.

"No."

Jeno was shocked, eyes wide and filled with hurt as he looked at a pouting Jaemin.

"Wha- what's wrong?"

"Jeno," Jaemin turned to face him, "what do you think is wrong?" He sassed, taking a deep breath to continue.

"First off, you and Renjun almost kissed without me, then Renjun just goes up and gives Chenle love without even considering us. I'm hurt, but more in the petty type of way, you know?"

Jeno was surprised at Jaemin's sudden outburst. Especially since it was almost childish. Jeno looked back at Jaemin, highly amused.

Jaemin looked back at him, right when he started laugh. Loudly.

All the attention of the other guys suddenly moved to the two on the couch.

Jeno's laugh became contagious, making Jaemin laugh along with him.

Almost in tears, Jeno propped himself off of the couch, stumbling slightly to the kitchen, smelling the promise of food.

Renjun and Chenle had fallen asleep, not waking up to the laughs of Jeno and Jaemin.

Jeno calmed down, sitting next to Renjun, looking at him fondly as the older slept.

Mark looked at the younger, and decided they needed to sort things out.

"Wake him up, Jeno. Chenle, too. We need to set some things straight," Mark said, not failing to see Donghyuck look at him with questioning eyes.

"Jaemin, come sit at the table," Mark said. The younger had still been giggling but relented and came into the kitchen.

"Guys," Jeno had shaken Renjun and Chenle, making them both groan, say something in Chinese, and then turn to each other in shock that they had said something.

They fell into laughter, but calmed down, feeling the almost tense atmosphere surrounding them.

"Uh, what's going on?" Renjun said, seeing everyone's eyes on him and Chenle.

"We need to discuss the elephant in the room."

"O.K., we get it Mark, Chenle might have a bigger head than you, but the doesn't make him an elephant," Donghyuck said, lessening the tension. Mark goraned and Chenle grumbled in annoyance.

"O.K., now WHAT THE FU-"

Jisung made his appearance, before Mark gave him a stern look.

"We did not raise a heathen in this household," Donghyuck muttered under his breath.

Renjun heard it, and bit back a response.

Well, technically this is my household, but sure, yeah, whatever.

Jisung smiled a little, amused with what just happened but sat down next to Mark at the end, and looked at everyone.

"But, seriously, what is this?" Jisung could practically taste the tension around all of them.

"We need to discuss whatever this is between Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin. It's quite obvious that they are Project Delta is. I can't quite figure out the details of it yet, but it definitely has something to do with you guys."

Jaemin and Jeno looked at each other, then at the oldest who had his attention at hands, tapping his foot in the silence.

He shyly looked up, meeting the other's gazes.

"They clearly like each other," Jisung said, nonchalantly, "so what's there to discuss?"

The three boys snapped their heads to the youngest, not expecting the bluntness.

Renjun couldn't say anything, left to open and close his mouth like a fish, gaping at the maknae.

Jeno and Jaemin were a bit prepared for the brutal honesty, but they both did flinch a bit.

Renjun was still flabbergasted, not quite sure to believe the youngest's words.

He looked at the other two, feeling a strange emotion, along with nervousness, swirling together in his gut. Giving a nervous glance, he was too curious not to ask.

"You guys like me?"

. . .

Thank you all for reading!

130 VOTES??!?!?

1.6K VIEWS!??!

Imma pass out real quick-

-ok we're good.

Anywho,

I hope you liked this chapter.

I have two more to upload to finally be on track, but I still have yet to write those so-

started : 2018.12.19

finished : 2018.12.20