- Thirty Six -

The only thing Renjun could remember before the black out into nothingness was the electrical cool shock of Taeyong's fingers.

The he was immediately flooded with darkness, until a fuzzy gray seemed to cloud his vision.

He remembers looking down as he walked, the white tiles seemingly seamless under his poorly ties laces on his similarly white shoes.

Everything was white to him.

White house, white clothes, white bed. Like everything was supposed to be.

He could hear the click of high-heels before a shiny pair were right in front of him, making him stop, but he didn't dare look up.

He was only about five years old, and had still yet to start speaking aloud to people he wasn't familiar of, and just looking down at the pointy stilettos sitting in front of him frightened him no less.

He didn't know why he was being separated from his mother, although he does remember that woman saying that she wasn't his mother, but instead a worker for the government.

Which was weird, since the government had been corrupted years ago.

The woman didn't do anything at the moment he was in front of her. She simply smiled at him when he finally looked up at her.

Quickly, he bowed to her, immediately apologizing.

She simply lifted him from his bowing stance, and turned to stand beside him, holding her hand out for him to hold.

Hesitantly, he accepted it, letting her much larger hand envelope him small one.

They continued down the seemingly never-ending hallway. The only thing heard was the click of her high heels as they approached the rest of Renjun's life.

The next time he saw the woman was about two months after being placed into his new dorm.

He had been sitting in his lone room, sitting on the bed getting ready for their bedtime for the night.

He had heard the familiar click of heels fainted, but chose to ignore it as well, thinking that he had heard wrong.

Then a knock had responded on his door.

Which was weird since his new dorm mates wouldn't approach his room, as he liked to keep to himself, or if they did, they'd only barge into his room.

He stood up, quickly jumping to the floor from off of his bed, and approached the door.

He was still confused as to who could possibly be behind the door, before he gripped the cold handle and turned it.

There he was greeting with the familiar looking woman from before.

"Hello there Renjun. It's nice to see you again," she said with a slightly tight smile.

"Hello, Mrs. -?"

"Abigail Carthwright, but you can call me Abigail," the woman answered, before featuring for Renjun to come into the living area, "Can we talk for a bit?"

Renjun was slightly confused as to what the woman, or rather Abigail, would want to talk with him about.

They walked into the living area, settling on the small worn couch, no sign of the other boys in the dorm.

"Renjun, I wanted to talk to you about your settling into the unfamiliar dorm life. I know it can be hard, but I want your transition to be as smooth as possible," the woman said, most of the words not quite clicking with Renjun.