- Sixty Nine -

"I think what I'm trying to say after all of this, with my whole heart, is that I love you both."

Jaemin's heart had already started to beat faster during the beginning of Renjun's words. His heart started to inflate and drum louder as the older continued to speak.

He could feel the tears starting to water, as he started to relate to the older, and he felt like he was floating with happiness.

Although he wouldn't of been able to say he knew what this love was, he was sure that what he felt now the definition of love, and he let that show when he pulled the two beside him closer in the biggest hug after Renjun had finished. Letting his quiet action lead to his next words.

"I think I love you two, too," he mumbled, bringing Renjun's and Jeno's hands to his mouth and pressing his lips against them, a small tear of happiness running down his face as he did. He didn't let his grip on their hands falter in the slightest, too happy in his sleepy state.

He looked up at the two, a shaky smile being sent, as Renjun held a supportive small smile and Jeno had his eyes closed, leaned against the pillow behind his head. Jeno took in a deep breath, the silence lingering with a small tension as the other two looked at him, waiting for him to speak.

Tears were flowing down Jeno's face as he shakily told the other two how he had felt too.

"My heart becomes so full around you two, and I remember my mother telling me about how it was to fall in love with my dad, and I'm pretty sure that is how I feel about you two. It's like a rollercoaster, she had told me, the ups are the best times, but that's not all it is, it builds up from that," he paused, letting himself take another breath as Renjun squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"Then the falls bring you breath straight to your lungs, and although you can't always tell whether or not it's a good or bad thing, you learn to enjoy and hold onto that feeling. You start to love the feeling no matter what. And that's exactly how I feel about you two. Through all of the experiences we had been through, we were always together, and that means everything to me," he whispered softly to the other two, holding tightly to their hands, the tears no where near stopping.

Renjun smiled, looking at the two boys beside him, and smiled lightly. He had learned to love their imperfections and that just seemed to make him love them that much more.

Their hearts were the most charming aspect about the two.

They'd love you blindly and never know it, but it had always made Renjun feel like he was always in trusting hands.

Their beginning seemed like an accident, but it unfolded into something like fate.

The younger boys bursting color into the gray that Renjun had only known, making it beautiful.

The small eye contact they held when Renjun had at the school. Something breathtakingly gorgeous grew from that small glimpse at each other.

The adventures they've had, and the struggles along the way.

But they held strong, and if they didn't, they always found a way to reconnect.

When Renjun was having attacks, and then confessed after he had worried the other two boys.

He had always felt like it was his fault, his responsibility to handle the painful ordeal, like he had always done in the past. Until he learned that the responsibility wasn't his alone anymore.

A beautiful bud of a flower growing.

When Jeno was filling his time with training because he was afraid of harming either of the two.

It seemed like the chaotic rain would destroy that flower starting to bloom and no one knew what was going to happen.

Jaemin struggling with the thought of him being tested on, and beginning to become and embrace the Defect side that resided inside himself.

The rain had lessoned, to a mere mist as Renjun helped Jaemin, making sure the flower wouldn't be flooded.

Jeno and Jaemin leaving Renjun under protection as the rest of Neo City went to approach Abigail.

Renjun overworked himself in cracking Abigail's code, and that proved to be the enriching sunlight for the small flower wanting to bloom.

They all had problems that they were dealing with, but they will always be there to help each other out.

They all had a special place in their hearts for the other two, and it will stay that way.

And that allowed the flower to bloom beautifully in each boy's heart. Each petal stretching to its fullest extent.

It seemed as if it was a fairytale, where the bad people were defeated and the good guys escaped the long lived oppression that reigned over them for so long.

But in reality, they caused the problems with the working society, which made them and Neo City the guilty parties.

But for some reason, they didn't feel so guilty about it.

Especially laying in the arms of each other, sleepily confessing their love to each other through smiles and heated cheeks paired with tears of joy.

No, they didn't feel the slightest bit guilty.

. . .

A/N:

so...

this is the final chapter TT_TT

just cue big ugly crying from me oof

i should be posting the qna chapter soon

i'm lowkey dying now

I had so much fun writing this whole fanfiction, and I really am thankful for all of the support you all gave me in the process !

<3 you all are great and truly inspiring !!

started : 2019.10.5
finished : 2019.10.6